“Really Good but Tight”
Review of West End Cafe

West End Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
West End Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 66 Restaurants in Carle Place
Price range: US$ 31 - US$ 50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: I'm surprised you haven't already got this wonderful place listed
Reviewed 17 February 2018

Went for lunch with a friend. Chicken and Brie panini was delicious. My friend had the salmon club and loved it. Everything we saw being served around us looked beautiful and appealing. Wish I could have tasted it all. Lots of choices on lunch menu. The only down side to this place is that I find it uncomfortable. Tables are really small and close. There is no room on the table itself and no space between tables or around you. I won’t put my handbag on the floor so I have to eat with it on my lap - not too comfortable. It takes a little away from enjoying a meal here. But we like the food so we keep going back.

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is superb. The food is excellent and the service as well. This is our 2nd time here and we will be back. The lamb is outstanding but everything we’ve had has been delicious.

The decor is attractive and it’s comfortable. The only downside is that it’s a bit expensive but if you want delicious food then I suppose you have to pay for it.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Tucked in the very corner of a strip mall I am I must have driven past this restaurant a million times. I have gone with friends at least 5 times in the last few months, always for lunch. The Asian Chicken Salad is delicious! Soups are delicious. Can get a little noisy when it's crowded but definitely worth a try.

Reviewed 14 January 2018

We've been going to this restaurant intermittently for over 15 years. The food, typically, is generally very good and it was tonight. My comments are more about the restaurant staff and service and what is an obvious step down in quality. I acknowledge, especially on Long Island, that there is a significant move toward casual, and thats fine. But the tone was set by the two hostesses, who were dressed, to be polite, sloppily and looked unkempt. I'm convinced that the waitress we had was most recently employed at a diner. Upon receiving the menus by the hostess, the waitress came over a few minutes later and without any introduction or banter immediately started with "are you ready? When I asked to tell us about the specials, she simply replied that they are listed on the menu. When she came over to take the order, she whipped out an order book from her hip typical of a diner. When a glass of the New Zealand sauvignon blanc came out which was obviously turned, we requested something else. The next wine was brought over but never did the waitress inquire if it was OK. No time during the course of the evening did the waitress or anyone come over to inquire if everything was OK or if we needed anything else. Never was the table cleared of crumbs or debris between courses. I'm afraid that although the food was tasty, at relatively significant prices (approx. $29 per entree), the service and the appearance of the staff was not up to par. I hope tonight was just a bad night but if this is the course that management is following,, we won't be back.

1  Thank RGrochow
Reviewed 20 December 2017

when we drove up, I was questioning... but, don't let the outside fool you... great place.

Had an extended family dinner, and enjoyed the food, environment, and service. A real sleeper and excellent place.