“Pleasant surroundings, quite, and delicious food”

Cafe Formaggio Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 61 Restaurants in Carle Place
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: From the intoxicating aroma of plum tomato, basil and rich Italian cheeses, to the smoky goodness of thin crust personal pizzas, Cafe Formaggio offers a meal to please just about everyone. Specialized in Gluten Free cuisine with the most extensive Gluten Free Menu on Long Island Think of Cafe Formaggio after a morning of nearby shopping and enjoy lunch. Or, pre-order for the office and your meals will be ready when you arrive. Plan ahead for special occasions and treat your party to a delicious celebration, supervised by our courteous servers.
Reviewed 9 October 2017

Had dinner here about a week ago and found the food quite good, rather quite surroundings and very good and friendly service...

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

I don't normally write a review, but I felt my visit warranted it. When we, 6 of us, got there, 6:45 PM, we were seated immediately. It was very noisy and we had a round table and that usually makes it easier to talk. After getting our wine and taking our order for appetizers, before getting anything, the waiter was back and hurriedly wanting to take our dinner order. He repeatedly did this twice more, until I informed him that I wouldn't be rushed. He left and came back very quickly, twice more. However this time he went to someone else in our group and told them he had a lot of people waiting. I've never been told that before our order was even taken. The food, taste and appearance were excellent and that was for every course. I do realize that this price of wine is multiplied by 3, this wine was mark in my app as $8.50 and telling us it was on sale and marked down from $80 to $40. That was still a markup of almost 5 times.

I realize that while their business is difficult and my encounter after sitting down was negative. I will never go back to this restaurant again and will never giver it a good review, anyone I ask.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

I had to try it for lunch here. Good prices. This is a good way to determine how good a highly touted restaurant can be. Especially if you wanted to consider coming back for say, dinner, but at another time or occasion. It did not disappoint. Nicole (one of a family - owner) was very accommodating and quite lovely to speak with. From the pleasant staff she has and the freshly prepared pasta Pappardelle Ragu, a nice wine list and a gratis freshly made dessert. Courtesy of Nicole (family owner), and I'll be back! I always long for some good Italian cooking instead of the chain ones.

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

I had the good fortune to meet my cousins; who live on Long Island; for dinner on Aug. 22nd. They picked the restaurant and to all of the staff whom we encountered, these experiences alone would make me again drive 1 Hour South from Tarrytown, NY to dine here!

There are a very few restaurants around the world that awe me with their service and Cafe Formaggio is one I will add to my collection.

And the Quality & Taste of the Food equals the Service received.

Plus the "Value" obtained makes this place a true find! If I had dined in NYC I know the prices would have been 50% - 100% Higher - and not achieve the same quality.

For a Tuesday evening, I was surprised at how busy they were. Reservations are recommended.

The ambiance is lovely; although we were seated next to a table of twelve (12) ladies and the noise level at times was high!

Our waiter allowed us time to talk and enjoy our wine before ordering and never "Hovered" but was always available whenever we had questions about any dish on the menu.

And each main course; besides being delicious; was plentiful. We had to unfortunately skip deserts and coffee as we were full!

Enjoy your dining here. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Great Italian food. Service is friendly and they all seem like they want you to enjoy eating here. They even have room for parties. There gluten free menu is just as large as there regular menu, as well as warm bread for people with restrictions on there diet. I've eaten here many times and it has never disappointed.