“My new favorite breakfast place”
Review of Ray's

Ray's
Ranked #18 of 109 Restaurants in Canandaigua
Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

Lunches are great too, but judging from the line out the door, and our positive experiences, breakfast is king. We've been several times and the food is always good. Corned beef rates a stand alone five stars: it's cooked on site, trimmed well, hand pulled, and served with eggs and potatoes ... Oh, my. If you're lucky, their corned beef garbage plate will be on the menu and my dining partner raved about it. Service is friendly and fast. Prices are reasonable. There are many places for breakfast in the city, but in my opinion, this is number one.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 17 August 2018

We had friends visiting from out of town, and decided to try Ray's for breakfast. It's definitely a favorite spot with the locals and was busy on a weekday morning.

The service was fine - the menu is a little confusing in places. Our interpretation of the "two eggs" dish was that you could pick whether you wanted toast, hash browns or home fries (that's what "or" means) but apparently it comes with toast and then you pick between hash brows or home fries. This caused a little consternation from our waitress, who wanted me to pick a kind of toast when I wanted hash browns. When I finally figured out what they meant, all was well. A small thing, really, but it was a strange interaction when the menu clearly says "OR" on it.

The waffle was overcooked on one side and undercooked on the other. Not sure how that happens. The syrup is also not real maple syrup - I wish it had been an option and I would have paid more to have real syrup.

In the end it was fine - just not anything really extraordinary.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 7 August 2018

We decided to meet our brother and cousins for a late breakfast/early lunch. Canandaigua was about half way between Prattsburg and Rochester. It was about 11AM on Sunday and the restaurant was busy. We ordered a variety of dishes, some breakfast and some lunch. I had a delicious tuna and seafood salad. Everyone enjoyed their meals. The décor is very nice. The staff was very pleasant. It serves Finger Lakes coffee and it was very good. It is in strip plaza next to Tom Wahls. Have fun.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Arlene M
Reviewed 31 July 2018

We stopped in for breakfast and had a very enjoyable meal (omelets, eggs benedict, home fries, toast). The place looked a little non descript from the outside but inside is was very roomy and much nicer than we expected. There was a 20 minute wait for breakfast but it was well worth it.

The menu has some interesting twists on traditional breakfast items and the wait staff was very friendly and courteous which added to the atmosphere and quality of the food. We (3 of us) all agreed that Rays was a 5 star rating!

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank benton2569
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

I love the Rueben sandwich at Rays. I am gluten free and they offer gluten free bread. Yeah!!!! I also really enjoy the sweet potatoes fries. Another customer had mentioned they were too sweet, but I respectfully disagree. The fries are very crispy, which I like.

Date of visit: July 2018