All reviews room was clean open the window light breakfast refrigerator and microwave coffee maker stores and restaurants yogurt road noise per night free breakfast walking distance finger lakes concert paved owner
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

my husband and i stayed there for one night i went to bed about ten. i wpke up at six and my husband did not sleep as there were bugs in the bathroom, kitchen and climbing up walls. when i reported it to front desk she said manager wo y ld be in at ten and asked if i wanted bug spray. i stated we would be leaving immediately. when i called the manager he was rude and stated he found ants in our room, these were not ants. i do not recommend his horel until they get it fumigated

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2018

I stayed there at Econo Lodge this month for a concert at CMAC. The hotel is close and we were able to walk there.

We got a room with a jacuzzi bath and it also had a mini fridge. The room was clean with a comfortable king bed. It's not swank, but it was a great price and location in Canandaigua.

On a side note, I left an item there and called the owner immediately when I realized it. He retrieved the item and mailed it to me--this was much appreciated!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2018

I've stayed at this hotel three times in the past year. I was in town for family business each time and just wanted a safe, clean place to sleep. This hotel fit the bill perfectly. It's not fancy or flashy. But it's clean and comfortable. The staff is friendly and helpful. It's close to the north end of Canandaigua Lake and convenient to a lot of tourist-type destinations. The rooms have all the basics, and include a refrigerator and microwave and coffee maker. If you're looking for the Ritz, this isn't it. But if you want a clean, budget-friendly place to sleep that's convenient in the Finger Lakes, this place offers what you need.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have two-person jetted tubs.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2018

I also am reluctant to write a poor review, because the staff seem like nice people. I also always feel bad about publicly airing my dirty laundry, but I did try calling Choice Hotels regarding our stay and got a 'Sorry'.

However, the room that we had was almost twice as much ($142) as the motel that we moved to after one night and we were pretty miserable when staying there.

1st - it took 45 minutes to check in with only two guests in front of me. This was after a long week and travel. Finally, our keys to Room 218.

The walk up to the room is pretty depressing - but we aren't staying in the hall so I wasn't concerned. The room was okay, but old and cheap. Then when we found an old, grungy, and definitely dirty pair of basketball shorts in the bathroom we felt gross. We took the shorts down to the front desk and left a note expecting someone to follow up and certainly offer to clean the bathroom ... nothing. When we checked out the next day we asked if he got our gift and he said yes ... not sorry ... not oh my gosh I am so embarrassed ... not I can't in good conscience charge you for the room .... NOTHING. We left there and went down the street to a wonderful, CLEAN, motel.

Room Tip: Go to another motel
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2018

We did not think it was up to the same quality as the other Econo Lodges we have stayed at. Front deck was nice and friendly. Had ground floor room facing the highway. Our room was up to normal Econo standards. But quite it was not. Highway noise was bad. We had to leave the fan running all the time to help mask the highway noise. There was not any ice bucket in the room, and I never saw an ice machine. There was also loud music from another room. We got to breakfast about halfway through breakfast time, and a lot of things were out. It was refilled when we said somthing to the person at the front desk. He still did not bother to wipe counters or tables that were dirty. The trash can was overflowing. The door to the refigator looked like it had not been wiped off in days.

Room Tip: Pick some place else if you can.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple