All reviews bagels jacuzzi room continental breakfast fresh fruit fun place to stay pink flamingos chain hotels her husband owners were friendly finger lakes comfortable bed separate rooms mini fridge labor of love step back in time this past weekend sitting area
Reviewed 6 June 2016

found this place by accident when looking for a place near Onana Park for a wedding reception. FORTUNATELY, we got the last room for the night we needed. Though we were hesitant when we first drove in I can honestly say it was the best night's rest I've ever had in a hotel! We were greeted pleasantly - shown to our room and shown around the room - what a treat! Though our room was small it was clean, had everything we needed and would definitely stay here again! Can't say enough good things about this place (especially since the room I now sit in in Williamsport has MUCH to be desired! You need to check out the Miami Motel!

Room Tip: we had a upstairs room with view front and back - so nice
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank modogsmom
Reviewed 3 June 2016 via mobile

Me and my husband drove past this motel on our way to Seneca Lake. We had a hotel reservation in Geneva, NY for Monday - Friday morning but could afford what the Holiday Inn were charging for the Friday night stay. So we decided to call the Miami Motel and see what their prices were and they were super reasonable! We made a reservation for Friday night in the 'queen jacuzzi suite.' The room was recently renovated and was super clean and kitschy ;) The jacuzzi was HUGE! I used the jacuzzi, it was very relaxing, all of the jets worked and it had a 'waterfall like' faucet. They supplied the room with plenty of towels as well... I think there were at least 12! In the morning they had a continental breakfast in the 'check in' lobby. It was all freshly bought food that morning from Wegmans. They had fresh coffee, tea, mini muffins, assorted bagels, cream cheese, margerine and fresh fruit. It was lovely!! In my opinion, the only improvement they could make would be larger, fluffier pillows on the bed. They were small and wimpy... that being said, I loved my stay and it was uper affordable!! Thank you Miami Motel! We will be coming back soon :)

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Amy H
Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised with the Miami Motel. The rooms are very reasonable and just minutes from all of the good restaurants and the City Pier. This is a lovely boutique motel which has a following for generations. The owners are very nice and you can see by the cleanliness, presentation, and amenities that they take great pride in the place. Do not be fooled by looks, this was a nice stay and we would come back anytime.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jon H
Reviewed 17 May 2016 via mobile

We found the Miami Motel online while traveling north through the Fingerlakes area and based on the reviews decided to stay there for the night. The reviews were spot on: from the outside the motel doesn't look like much but the rooms were updated and clean, the bed comfortable, the bathroom nicely renovated, and the owners welcoming and helpful. And all that for a very decent price. Especially for an overnighter I can definitely recommend this place.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank MoniekJ
Reviewed 20 April 2016

Some of our scattered family was unable to gather at Christmas time, but April worked as an "AprYule" (so christened by my stepsister). Canandaigua made a good central gathering point, and we picked the Miami Motel for reasonable price and good TripAdvisor rating. It was an excellent choice. The current owners have over the past 10 years been restoring it to its 1950s state with great success: the colorful rooms have a "mid-century" ambience, the pink flamingos (some perched around a Christmasy wreath), and even a pay phone give it a nice quirky feel. The owners are especially friendly and helpful, even bringing down water and coffee for our holiday gathering. My stepsister's comment on Facebook: "When was the last time you paid your bill and hugged the proprietor!" Canandaigua itself is a lovely place: beautiful old homes, nice shops and eateries in the easy-to-walk downtown, a pretty pier on the lake to watch sunrise and sunset.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family