Berkshire Travel Lodge
US$ 47
Priceline
US$ 73
Travelocity
Courtyard Marriott Lenox Berkshires(Lenox)(Great Value!)
US$ 130
US$ 144
US$ 130
Yankee Inn(Lenox)(Great Value!)
US$ 111
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 August 2010

Typically you would expect to see a big sign in front of this lodge from the road, that says "Berkshire Travel Lodge". The big neon sign that you see from the road says, "Motel". We got lost and went by it three times until a gas station owner told us that it was the Berkshire Travel Lodge.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 July 2010

$20 extra for pet, $102 total. TV did not work. Breakfast served in the morning was bareley edible. Would not stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Crossdog
Reviewed 13 January 2010

We had to come up to Red Rock NY for a funeral and chose to stay at this motel. We read the 3 previous reviews and do not know what the people were talking about. The place is nicely decorated for a older motel. It has been updated though. Also it appeared the carpet was new. We were greeted with a very pleasant welcome. The motel offered donuts and coffee complimentary in the morning. Im very funny about where I stay. And one thing that really bothers me is when you wake up in bed in the morning and the flat sheets are off the bed and you are laying on the matress, yuk. No worry here they use fitted sheets on the very comfortable king size bed. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank johnnjon
Reviewed 17 August 2009

I had low expectations of this place because of what I'd read online. Actually, the place was perfectly adequate. We were only sleeping there one night and it was close to our destination. Since we were not spending much time in the room, we found it to meet our needs. I traveled with my husband and teen daughter. We had two double beds, which were not the most comfortable I've ever slept in, but it was ok. The room and bathroom were both clean. It's basically minimalist with just soap and shampoo on the sink. True, there were some minor cosmetic problems here and there but basically just what we needed and ok value for the price. They also serve a simple juice/coffee/bagels/ kind of breakfast, but it saved us having to go elsewhere.
Owner seemed pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2008

In July, 2008 we booked 2 nights at this hotel. We reviewed the information on the website & found it to be suitable for my family (2 adults, 2 kids). We booked the 'suite' thinking it would give us the most room, a kitchenette, etc. When we checked in we were very disappointed -- understand, I knew we were not staying in a luxury hotel -- but, I do expect clean, bug-free, what was advertised, etc... and good customer service. Upon arrival, we saw a room in the middle of renovations, bugs, ant traps everywhere & no appliances in what was supposed to be the kitchenette (they did bring us a portable small refrig & microwave).
Without getting into a long saga, I went to the office to discuss a misunderstanding we had regarding our room rate. It was there that I met 'the owner'. He immediately started to verbally attack me - when all I did was ask a question. He was extremely rude, talked down to me, put words in my mouth, etc.... while the very polite, nice hotel manager tried to talk to me and was obviously very embarrassed by this guy. He actually pulled a sign off the wall & changed the room rate from what it was when we checked in and said it was wrong. He also said that the website is wrong, but that is not his problem. He ranted on and on about how his hotel was 'not 5 star' (duh) and I can tell you it is not even close. He talked down to me & seemed to have a big problem talking to a woman (the manager told me this is both a cultural & personality trait of his, he refuses to talk to women, only men). His young child was there & he continued to yell at me and tell me what an awful person I was, how I expected everything free (while we had already paid for the room), etc. He questioned if I worked (I run my own company, but didn't tell him that) as if I have no basis to talk to him about 'business'.
Let me sum this up - please don't give this guy your business. I heard there is a new hotel in Pittsfield, NY which is less than 10 miles from this place. He is inconsiderate and rude & has no skills in customer service. He is discrimatory against women & his hotel is undergoing desperately needed renovations. He deserves to learn a lesson from these experiences..... maybe there is hope for change for someone like this, but I doubt it.

• Stayed: July 2008