“A find in Riverdale”

Tin Marin Tapas Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #70 of 1,299 Restaurants in Bronx
Cuisines: Spanish
Reviewed 13 February 2017

Good food especially the tapas and great margaritas. Try the date tapas. Unusual and wonderful. Ditto for the ceviche and tostones and chorizo. Generous portions. Nice ambience, friendly staff. I'll be back!

Reviewed 24 October 2016

I am surprised the reviews r so positive. Did i just got unlucky with a stray bug? Good hot food, cooked right to order. You could tell that all was fresh and just cooked a moment ago. I was sitting at the bar. The wine was good and the price was fine. And the service was just fine. I felt that something crawled over my hand. I looked and saw nothing except the light from my iPhone that i held in my left hand traced the path of the crawl. I ignored it for a while, but... The parent, i think was looking for a baby. The regular cockroach appeared from nowhere right on the bar top by me. Said hello and asked:"Have you seen my baby?" I ignored the question and went home to my computer to write this review - good food along with mamas or papas bugs looking for their babies cockroaches bugs - disgusting - absolutely. I wonder about the certificate rating that every restaurant supposed to have on their windows. I think that was a "C".

Reviewed 4 May 2016

Great place to eat, drink & make merry in Riverdale! Live music on weekends make for a lively place.

Reviewed 12 February 2016

Good quality fresh ingredients and interesting Spanish and Latino menu make this place a new favorite in this part of New York City. Service is prompt and fairly attentive, decor is descent, and atmosphere is up-and-coming. There can be live music, and this may be an issue for some. There is also a bar, with the unavoidable TV screens, but does not deter or distract from dining experience. Wine menu is descent, with the usual US/EU selections, with a slight emphasis on Spanish. Overall, solid value and worth touring the menu over a few visits.

Reviewed 15 December 2015

Our group of 3 really enjoyed this restaurant. We arrived around 6:15 on Saturday night - with a reservation - and had a choice of a few tables. Service was excellent. We had a large sampling of tapas and 2 salads, 2 desserts. Definitely delicious - especially the Esther salad, rice pudding and flan. I also enjoyed the empanadas. My ONLY complaint is that we asked them to turn the music down FIVE TIMES. They did, and then, someone turned it back up so that we had to shout to hear each other.