“Worth the visit”

Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

I was born and raised in the Bronx but didn't travel much out of my enclave. I was surprised to learn there's a strong Jewish community here. I'm not Jewish, by the way. I loved to see the bagel shops. This restaurant, Liebman, was worth the visit. I liked how unpretentious the environment was. Space is limited but cozy. Service was good and the food was as well. They started us with a small serving of coleslaw and dill pickles. Then I had a bowl of good matzo ball soup and followed up with a pastrami on seeded rye bread, and coffee. The pastrami was very tender, too. Their portion sizes are generous. Needless to say, I left quite filled and satisfied. Check them out. You will not he disappointed.

Reviewed 16 May 2017

If you have been yearning for a real kosher sandwich in a real kosher deli, this is your place. We stepped in and were transported back 50 years to a deli we recognized from our youth. The overstuffed sandwiches on proper rye bread were absolutely, incredibly delicious (and enough for two meals). Cole slaw and pickles on the table right away. Excellent service (that's certainly different from our youth!!). The potato salad is exactly correct. The noodle soup drew raves. Chicken salad. Pastrami. Oh my - you MUST make a detour to this place

Reviewed 13 May 2017

We were back in New York again and had to try the deli for lunch. We tried the pastrami sandwiches again and were not disappointed. They give you a lot of meat and the mustard is good. The rye bread is good and not too strong. We also tried the potato salad and it was tasty also. We will eat here again when we are in town. My only complaint is it is a little pricey - $15 for a sandwich but it is New York.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

We are a little picky, so this place is one that we go to about twice a year with family. The food is good, kind of salty, but not fabulous. The people are nice and you can get lots of take out for home meals. The prices are high and parking is sometimes difficult. Unfortunately, Riverdale does not have a better Kosher deli and so this is a nice place to go once in a while.

1  Thank juliettawilder
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Been going to Liebman's Deli for years to enjoy the Corned Beef and Pastrami. I am never dissatisfied. Last time add the Kasha Varnishkes which were made just right.
Do not usually order the large entrees as too much food. Advise to go as there are so few Kosher delis left in NYC, and this one is good. Went to Loesser's on 231 St near Broadway once--disappointed.

3  Thank BykofskyTraveller