All reviewsbreakfast was deliciouspillowsloavesfishesweekendfireplacerefinedbrunch
Reviewed 2 November 2016

Do not stay here for business travel. I arrived late and no one was available to greet me so they left the keys. Not a big deal but then had no access to internet because no one bothered to leave a code for me. Couldn't eat breakfast because they don't start until 8:00!!! When I asked if they could make me a take and go breakfast or at least coffee. I was told they could at 7:45. Needed to leave by 7:00 so no good. Also, no elevator and 4 short flights of stairs to room on second floor. I got the pleasure of carrying my own two suitcases up the stairs. Got back to hotel after dinner at 7:00 and front of hotel already closed up. Still can't get internet code. So I called the office and had to leave a message. I have been here TWO DAYS and have not seen 1 employee.

What kind of hotel has no staff?

On the plus side. Room was clean and bed comfortable. Nice bathrooms. NO DRESSER! NO HANGARS for pants or skirts so ended up living out of suitcase.

Plugs by bed don't work for chargers and no clock or phone in the room.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
3  Thank Susjon1
Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

We had a pleasant weekend at the Bridgehampton Inn, but we weren't wowed. The room was big, clean and bright. But we had a few problems at check-in and breakfast. When we were first shown to our our room there was no indication of the wifi password (and the person who took us to the room didn't give us any info about where to find it). We searched the room high and low for a guide or instructions - nothing. There was no phone in the room or number for a front desk. When I rang the inn's main number, no-one picked up. There is no way of contacting the Inn-keepers from your room. After walking through the rain back to the main building, we were told the password was posted on the back of the room door. It was - but in tiny tiny letters that you would never notice (see pic below). Also, I was surprised that no disposable showercaps were provided for a bathroom with just a shower and no tub.
Then, breakfast: the young woman who took our breakfast order didn't write down the order, and then she brought the wrong food (after a very long wait). (We noticed she did the same for the people at the table next to us.) She also brought my bacon and scrambled eggs without the pancakes (they are on the menu as one item), saying that they couldn't serve them all at the same time: we had to wait a further 10-15 minutes for the pancakes. All the breakfast food was lukewarm. At $45 per head (for people not staying at the inn, according to the menu), you expect it to be hot. And the scrambled eggs were more like an omelette: just a flat slightly rubbery slab of warm egg. Not appealing at all.
We don't plan to return to the Inn.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank nyclouise
Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

This revered inn /bed and breakfast presents an antique charm with an elegant restaurant. This was certainly post peak summer season as there were no crowds in town.
The location is wonderful and rather uniquely situated for walking into town for shopping or dining.
The inn is locked and not accessible before 3 pm check in. No exceptions.
The room is quaint snd the 4 poster bed pleasant. The wall decorations could have been more elegant.
The bathroom is acceptable but deserves a significant modernization and upgrade for an Inn of this caliber. The new wing is likely to be more desirable.
The large (relative to the Inn) restaurant is nearly spectacular. A truly scrumptious Breakfast was included (worth $ 90 for the 2 of us).
Staff was quite courteous.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2016

I was disappointed by my recent stay. While I'd expect to pay a premium in the Hamptons over the summer, at over $475 a night, the Bridgehampton Inn's deficiencies were notable. First off, my review is based on a stay in the old wing of the Inn. I would imagine that the new wing delivers a higher quality experience (the exterior was finished attractively), but some of my experience wasn't limited to my room. About the room: accessed by a metal accessory outside stairway, with chipped paint, and within view and earshot (even with windows closed) of kitchen and AC fans, without real upgrades this space should be a storage closet--not part of the room inventory. The room itself had a refreshed bathroom counter and sink, but featured a shower framed in metal like one would see at an inexpensive motel. A nice bed was not enough compensation for the dowdy, decaying lamps (one of which had to be unplugged to turn on and off), scant and cheap wall decoration, and doorway to an adjacent room that permitted way too much noise to flow through. The common areas of the Inn itself appear to have had some recent refreshing, but very light and superficial. The front door is accessed by a landing that has a fair amount of chipped paint and the door seems to have been painted without addressing wood damage. During my stay, the small front greeting area didn't appear to be staffed, except intermittently by one person who also apparently had other duties. Again, at this price point, one does not expect to have to look for someone to help at check-in or otherwise. I'd also caution that the Inn sits on a main road in Bridgehampton. If you are not familiar with the area, and are looking for a quiet, quaint street, be aware of this. A full, cooked to order breakfast was nice, but even here the place felt understaffed--particularly in the busy summer season.

I think with a little TLC, the Inn could merit its tariff. But all told, at this price point I expected more.

Stayed: August 2016
2  Thank LikeNiceHotels
Reviewed 24 August 2016

Cute Inn with large rooms. We stayed just overnight, but the room was large, the bed was very comfortable and the breakfast was excellent. Both my wife and I had a great night's sleep. It's expensive, but a great please to stay.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple