All reviewsbob evansfront desktransit roadroom was cleanbuffalo niagara airportshopping and restaurantswould stay here againone night stayfirst floornew yorkmotelflooringthruwaypillowscarpetpetsfridge
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Staff were great. Room clean and locale is set back from the main drag (Transit Road) with woods and deer.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank 436KarenS
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

Thank you for your continued patronage with our location. We are aware that there are a lot of different lodging options in our area and we appreciate the fact that you prefer to stay with us. We look forward seeing you again.

Reviewed 5 June 2012

I want to say we liked this motel, it looked clean and cozy and the front desk staff was nice.

But:

The room smelled of stale cigarette smoke despite being a non-smoking room. We were too tired and ignored it.

We should have asked for another room, as in the morning when we woke up we saw little bloody dots on the sheets, which is a tell tale sign of bed bugs! I told the font desk about it and they generously took $10 off the bill. Hope they fumigate that place!

Other than that the motel is great, but we will not be staying there again for obvious reasons.

Room Tip: Don't be shy to ask for a non-smoking room that does not smell of cigarettes! Make sure to check for bed bugs!
Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tor2008_8
redroof10137, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Buffalo Niagara Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2012

On behalf of the entire staff of Red Roof Inn Buffalo Niagara Airport I would like to apologize for the incident that occurred during your stay. We know how important cleanliness and personal comfort is for our guests. Although I’m sure it was an unpleasant experience for you, rest assure the room was fully inspected and cleansed. We hope that one day in the future that you will give us the opportunity to show you why our guests love staying with us.

Reviewed 1 June 2012

This place was excellent. The staff at the front desk was friendly when we arrived at around 11:00 pm without a reservation. We were assigned a room near the far side of the hotel so that we would have a buffer from the highway noise.

Unfortunately, our first room smelled like cigarette smoke despite being non-smoking. When we called the front desk, the clerk said that he would get right on it. About five minutes later he was at our front door with keys to a new room on the same floor. When we walked in, the room looked exactly like the photos on the website. Everything works and everything is clean. Plus for the price you really cannot do better. I would definitely stay here again and again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kristin B

Thank you for your review of our hotel and our staff. We apologize that one of our non-smoking rooms had an odor but are pleased that the situation was handled for you quickly and that we were able to move you to a new room that was smoke free. We’re happy that we were able to make your stay enjoyable.

Reviewed 27 May 2012

This was one of the nicest motel stays I've had in quite some time. The staff was efficient, making checking in a breeze. They were also helpful with giving a little map of local restaurants for dinner. The motel had the three things I look for, in the following order: quietness, cleanliness and convenience. It was right off the highway, and a main street with food options. Also, I was amazed at how well the grounds were manicured. Checking out was equally easy. overall a good night's sleep, well rested for the next day.

The tv options were pretty basic, and no breakfast, other than coffee. But you know what? At the price we paid, I can't complain about a thing! Will definitely want to stay there again!

Room Tip: There are two buildings, if you get the back side of the back building it may be a little quieter in relation to the highway.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zapatista234

Thank you for the wonderful review of our property and also for commenting on our grounds. We’re very proud of the trees and plant life that we maintain and appreciate when the guests notice and enjoy it as well. Transit Road offers a wide variety of dining options which puts our hotel in a prime location. We’re very pleased to hear that your room was quiet and that your check-in process was fast and efficient. We hope to see you again on future trips to Buffalo.

Reviewed 16 May 2012

I recently stayed at the hotel as it was close to the Buffalo airport and I was leaving early the next morning. Check in was simple and quick. I was given a room at the back of the property which was great as I didn’t hear the highway noise at all.

The room was very basic but very clean. Even though it was a non smoking room there was a definite smoke smell so somebody either smoked recently or it was a smoking room in the past. This was a bit annoying as I am allergic but it wasn’t overpowering.

The toilet/shower area is very small but the sink and counter outside the bathroom was big and bright which was nice.

I took the shuttle in the morning. The driver was early and pleasant. I didn’t use the shuttle on the way back as the driver said it might take 20 – 30 minutes to get there so I took a cab. Flat rate of $15 was a bit much but that’s not the hotels fault.

All in all excellent value for the rate paid and a better option than an early morning drive which includes a border crossing. Next time I have an early flight I will be staying again for sure.

Room Tip: Try and get a room in the back to avoid highway noise
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Jahney9
redroof10137, Manager at Red Roof Inn Buffalo Niagara Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share a review for our hotel. It’s wonderful to hear that your check in was quick and efficient and also that you were able to take advantage of the shuttle service that our hotel offers. Although it appears that you had a couple of issues with your stay, we appreciate the fact that you said our hotel was an excellent value and that you would lodge with us again in the future.