“A little slice of heaven................”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bolton Landing
Contessa Lake George Motel & Resort
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Bolton Landing
Boca Raton, Florida
“A little slice of heaven................”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

We have been visiting this area for years and have come to this resort for the past 4 years. My family and I rented the 4 bedroom house in December of 2011. Not only are the rooms clean and beautiful the views are amazing. Capitain Bob was very funny and recommended lots of fun things to do. He is also very knowledgable about the area. Only downside this year was not enough snow at Gore Mountain for skiiing.... We love this resort so much we decided to get married at this resort in September 2012.. See ya soon Captain Bob.......

Room Tip: All rooms have refrigerators even the hotel. The cabins have full kitchens fully loaded. Cabins als...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Billy B
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Potsdam, New York
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Stayed at the Contessa only to leave, try to work out a deal with the owner for boating or extra guests and he'll just blow steam back in your face.

It's one thing to just say no, it's another to mock your own guests. He really doesn't care. Nice rooms though, but quite frankly, just avoid the place.

Room Tip: Not the 4bedroom/2bath House.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank Rani A
Contessaresort, Owner at Contessa Lake George Motel & Resort, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
This is the same group that wrote the previous review. Its unfortunate that people try to take advantage and then don't respond to a reasonable request. These people rented our four bedroom house for ten guests, which is the maximum number of guests they are allowed in that unit. During the process of booking the unit the person I dealt with was made aware of the fact that they couldn't have more than ten guests. He sounded kind of young so I asked how old everyone was, to which he assured me that everyone is at least 25 years old. So I had no problem booking it.
They arrived in three cars and everything seemed fine. At 8 PM I went into town for about an hour and when I returned there were nine cars and approximately 30 people having a huge party and making all kinds of noise. I called the person that had booked the unit and he came to see me. I told him he was entitled to 10 guests total, as agreed, and that the rest of these people had to leave the property immediately, to which he assured me they would. He also told me he was sorry and didn't realize they couldn't have a party, what a joke, I stressed the fact several times ten people maximum when booking. One hour latter they had not moved so I called him again and this time I told him on the phone "that if they weren't gone in 5 minutes I would call the state police." At that six cars full of people, beer, booze, food, and party favors left within five minutes. Things quieted down for the night.
The next morning three of the same cars arrived again and I happened to be right there and told them they were not allowed to be there and needed to leave immediately. One of them started to argue the fact so yes I told him to get the F off my property and don't come back. I had to threaten them with the police again, and with that they all left, even the original ten, good ridden's. The nerve of some people.
Reviewed 3 October 2011

We rented one of Contessa's houses for this past weekend to celebrate our bachelor and bachelorette parties. We were told the place slept ten, so we planned to have some friends over and have them stay at nearby resorts. We were having a few drinks on the porch (and all of us well within drinking age) when the owner told us we could only have 10 people at all times and that there was absolutely no drinking allowed. I wonder what he thought we were going to be doing when we said it was a bachelor party?!?!?! We were not told any of this in advance because we "didn't ask.". We went to a nearby place that night and decided that only 10 of us would come back the next day. He was waiting for us on the porch and told us we had to leave or he would call the police. Plus, he refused to give us any refund!!!! This man is unable to be reasoned with, and refuses to treat his customers with any respect. He was shouting expletives at all of us when we were attempting to reason with him. It could have ruined our weekend, but we went and had a great time elsewhere, and I suggest all of you do the same. Avoid the Contessa Resort!!!!

• Stayed October 2011
3 Thank beeplaysbass
Contessaresort, Owner at Contessa Lake George Motel & Resort, responded to this review, 25 November 2011
Albany, New York
Reviewed 21 September 2011

My BF and I decided on a weekend getaway late in July for my birthday. We found rooms available at the Contessa quickly. We drove up and parked outside our room.. Which by the way..all the rooms have a stunning view from the decks. The room was clean, large, air conditioned and comfortable. Had a large fridge, and a little mini bar and sink area. We decided to sit outside on the deck. My BF broke one of the plastic deck chairs standing on it trying to reach for something .I thought...uh oh! Now we're in trouble! Captain Bob is going to eat us up alive! We went for a leisurely swim after this in the pool that BTW has spectacular views. We saw Captain Bob outside on his golf cart..I thought..no time like the present. I told my BF to go fess up. He did. I watched for the head rolling...but...Captain Bob was extremely cordial. He was very forgiving. We were so relieved. I believe..if you do something wrong..own it. Admit it and don't try to lie or cover it up. Captain Bob has heard and seen it all.. What I saw was if you treat with him with respect..he'll do the same.
He gave us great recommendations for breakfast and lunch. One little find is right next door! Would definitely come back here..

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Cedarhurst, New York
Reviewed 5 September 2011

This was our first family vacation. We totaled 11 and we rented 4 cabins for 4 nights. The unobstructed view of the lake was breath taking, very quiet and peaceful. I enjoyed sitting out on the deck just enjoying the view while others went down fishing each night from the dock or rowboat. The cabins were clean, and kept clean by the friendly housekeepers. We barbequed and made dinner 2 nights. We rented the pontoon boat (all 11) on the last day and each person had a turn tubing on the lake. Absolutely the best time ever. We would like to thank in particular, Lawrence, for all his dockside help. He was there whenever we needed him. Our host, Bob, was great. We found him very friendly and helpful. Thanks for a Great Time! What you saw on the website, they delivered. We'll be back for sure. As for Bolton Landing and Lake George Village, what a great place to come to and find something for every age group to do. We especially enjoyed the local Grand Union (so convenient) and Ben & Jerry's ice cream shop (we're on vacation, right?) in Bolton Landing. I seemed to be going on and on, but we all had a really great time.

Room Tip: We rented cabins, 9,14 1 bedroom and 11 & 12 2 bedrooms. All had breath taking view. Very quiet...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
The Sagamore Resort
The Sagamore Resort
#1 of 8 in Bolton Landing
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,518 reviews

Been to Contessa Lake George Motel & Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK