“Beautiful bucolic bliss”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of The Shack

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Come visit our family run dairy farm
Imagine the moon and starts at your finger tips
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

ZSBaldwin
San Francisco, California, United States
“Beautiful bucolic bliss”
Reviewed 4 weeks ago for a stay in September 2018
person found this review helpful

A tremendously enjoyable place to spend a relaxing weekend! Stunning views right from the porch, friendly and helpful owners, fresh milk and eggs. Nearby hiking and sightseeing are great. Cabin features a huge outdoor grill, But be sure to bring your own food. Highly recommend!

Management Response
22 Sep 2018
We enjoyed having Zebulah, his wife and little girl stay with us. Clean and neat. Would gladly have them come back anytime.
Mary K
“I Thought I was in Heaven”
Reviewed 6 September 2018 for a stay in August 2018
people found this review helpful

The Hilton and Marriott have to really step up their game to beat "The Shack".Tiny quaint get away from it all on a high hayfield with magnificent views. Be apart of the dairy farm chores or just relax next time more hands on for me but I was kissed by a cow Lol! We had fresh flowers, milk and eggs, breakfast on the outdoor griddle was amazing! The loft is a bit tricky if you have any physical impairment but the futon on the main floor is very comfortable.
We arrived late was looking for a bandaid in my purse practically the entire 3 hr trip a bug bite that was bleeding low and behold a basket holding everything you may need..including bandaids, tums, Tylenol, toothbrush...The bed was made, clean fresh towels even some garden tomatoes! The bathroom stocked with shampoo and conditioner, body wash... I could go on and on but you should experience it for yourself. There is no tv , WiFi or a.c., perfect for getting away from it all. Cell service is better than at home.so maybe a drawback lol
Jan and Dennis were wonderful hosts as were the boys, running up wood for a campfire.
My only complaint not enough time there, not enough time with the adorable ladies (affectionate cows) or our hosts.We will be back next year, wish we found it sooner!
Thank you Jan for a wonderful weekend! See you next year!
Ron and Mary Kurtz

Your age range 50-64
BoardingP...
“great weekend trip”
Reviewed 22 August 2018 for a stay in August 2018
people found this review helpful

Jan was a great host, her husband Dennis surprised my daughter with balloons and a birthday cake.I was not expecting that.The reason of my stay was because i wanted to do something different with my kids, my daughter had turned 13 years old I didn't want to have anything big, all we needed was just relaxation and bonding time.That Saturday morning was pouring. Jan's 15 years old son Max pulled out my car from the mud. it took me 3 hours to get their but, it was worth it. When I saw Jan it felt like If i knew her for years, beautiful person very caring and her husband was very talkative/friendly. I would recommend "The Shack", cabin was clean, Jan provided us with fresh milk and eggs. My family and I are so thankful and appreciate everything this family did for us.

Jessica S
“Home away from home”
Reviewed 15 June 2018 for a stay in June 2018
people found this review helpful

We had an amazing stay Jan B. and her husband are great host and so pleasent It was a great experience we highly recommend the shack. It was comfy and felt like home we will definitely be staying again.

Management Response
16 Jun 2018
Enjoyed having you stay with us. Very clean and picked up after themselves. Would recommend them to stay anywhere. Very friendly and warm.Please come again
Sarah C
Harvey Cedars, New Jersey
“Perfect Cozy Escape”
Reviewed 18 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017
people found this review helpful

We feel in love with this cozy cabin as soon as we walked in the door! All the amenities you need for a simple getaway. Fresh milk and eggs from the farm were a perfect touch. A fire pit, stocked with wood and the pet friendly cabin were a bonus. Our dog Hazel had the best time running through the fields. There was peaceful seclusion with breathtaking views in every direction. To top off a perfect trip the fabulous host Jan brought me a small birthday cake on our last night! We can't wait to go back next year!

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing