“Excellent Customer Service”

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Binghamton
Syracuse, New York
“Excellent Customer Service”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I recently had an encounter with a gentleman at the front desk of this hotel that was more than willing to help me out with a dilemma. I have been a Platinum member with IHG for approximately 4 years and rarely encounter an individual that is so willing to help. This gentleman, Terrance Brodley helped me and ensured that I was taken care of in a fast, respectable manner. Kudos to him!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
BGMAR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown, responded to this review, 10 March 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words about Terrance!!! I have posted your comments as an inspriration for everyone here who lives and breathes excellence in guest service. Coming from a Platinum Member makes it that more special!! Bob Greene GM
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Buffalo NY
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I went to visit a guest at this hotel. The room was nice and everything seemed clean. However the inside of the coffee maker was absolutely disgusting. It was sitting up high so my friend noticed it as he was getting ready to make coffee. I am much shorter so if I had made it I would have been drinking that filth. That is my only complaint. I would have complained to management if it was my room. So take me advice, check!! I will never again make coffee in a hotel room without looking inside! On a positive note, breakfast in the hotel restaurant was excellent and quite inexpensive.

Mt. Calm
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Noisey, inside the rooms with other guest banging and outside with fire trucks and police sirens. Staff was really nice but hotel was just old and parking lot was always over full until after 6-7pm.

Room Tip: If you do stay best ask for a river side room.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
BGMAR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
I certainly apologize for the noise outside of the room. On weekends there are more noise issues then weekdays, with the entertainment strip of bars with-in a two block walk of the hotel. We are working with the Binghamton Police Department to help improve the situation. The bottom line for me though is when I travel, I like a good night's sleep. Bob Greene, General Manager.
Ashland, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Good location just across the street from the Arena. Room was clean but unremarkable. The bathroom was small and the shower curtain was short, barely long enough to reach inside the tub. Did not visit pool, but was told there were LARGE roaches around. Coworker mentioned ant problem in room (something sticky under TV) but was given another room. Hard to find food within walking distance after 9pm on a Friday night.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
BGMAR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown, responded to this review, 16 February 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us this past month. We had replaced almost all of our shower curtains that were too short for the tubs, and it appears we misssed your room. The State Street corridor is two blocks away and they serve food later then 9:00 pm on the weekends, If your travels bring you back to Binghamton I would love to say hello and meet you. Bob Greene, General Manager
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 10 January 2012

This hotel wasn't bad for a holiday inn: the location is right off of Court Street in downtown Binghamton. There are several restaurants nearby and the Arena is on the other side of the parking lot (if you are in town for an event happening there). We stayed there for 2 nights in a room with a King bed that was clean and everything worked properly in the room. On the one night that we ate at the hotel restaurant, we were the only diners in the entire dining room at 7pm on a Friday night. The food was hot, if clearly made from frozen (fish and chips), and the salads had decent, fresh greens. Not terrible food at all, but you can do much better at a lot of places nearby.

We visit the area regularly but this is the first (and last) time that we'll stay at this hotel. For the price (or a bit less), you can stay at equally nice places just a short drive away on the other side of the river. Those places also have the added bonus of permitting you to actually be able to sleep at night. On both nights that we were at the Holiday Inn on Hawley St. we didn't get more than 2-3 hours of sleep. One of the main advantages for us in staying there in the first place (proximity to downtown) turned out to be a big problem. The first night we were there we woke up to the sound of a huge crowd of people yelling and carrying on around 1am. It's hard to describe and I really wish I had shot some video on my phone. Looking out the window we could about 60-80 people in small groups from the parking lot of the hotel to the parking lots nearby. They were all clearly, rip roaring drunk. This went on for over an hour before the cops showed up. For the next two hours (seriously - I timed it - I was awake anyway) the mob basically flowed back and forth, dispersed for awhile and then came back, while anywhere from 2-4 BPD cars drove around announcing at top volume on their PA systems 'Come on guys - you need to go home or you will be arrested.' Really?! Everyone finally left by around 4am. Unbelievably, pretty much the same performance was repeated the next night ... just without the cops showing up. We were up for hours just listening to the sounds of groups of extremely loud people stumbling around in groups in the parking lots outside the hotel, shouting, yelling, and fighting with each other until around 4am. If you think that escaping the mayhem is possible by staying on the other side of the hotel (away from the arena) don't believe it. The other couple we were traveling with stayed on the other side of the building (same floor) and it was just as loud for them AND their window was broken and didn't quite shut all the way.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank RiverCityMan
I have read your comments many times. I know when my wife and I travel and there's outside noise, were not happy. We have been working with the City of Binghamton's Police Department and Mayor's office to work out a solution to the noise problem. After last call in the strip of bars, the patrons come out and can cause trouble. We have recoemmended the police station somebody at that corner so when the patrons file out, they may be on better behavior. Currently, the police arrive when their is chaos, and then try to fix it. Please contact me at 607-722-1212, and I will invite you back as my guest. Bob Greene, General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Binghamton
0.5 km away
Grand Royale Hotel
#10 of 13 in Binghamton
5.6 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Binghamton / Vestal

Been to Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK