“Superb experience”

Chrystie House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 6 Beacon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 September 2017

We had a wonderful long weekend getaway at Christie House! Innkeeper Yuan Lee, a former Manhattan artist and studio owner, is a fascinating and gracious host. It was truly a joy to spend several days at this historic house with Yuan and his family. Beacon and the Hudson Valley are full of cool shops, restaurants, art and scenery. I highly recommend Chrystie House. We will definitely be going back!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 July 2017

I stayed in the Chrystie House with Yuan and Yu last year in November. It was my first experience staying in a proper Bed & Breakfast, and I could not have asked for a better first impression & holiday. Writing this review a couple months later, I think I'd be very lucky to find another house that is as pleasant as the Chrystie. Also, I try to avoid hotel franchises as often as I can.

The owners Yu & Yuan are incredibly kind and mindful hosts. They're happy to give you your own privacy and attend to any of your practical needs and comforts. The private bedroom was sizable and clean for two guests, with cable TV & internet included of course. The house itself is beautiful, a relic of early American settlers filled with rich history that Yuan is infinitely knowledgeable about. He's had a prodigious career in the art industry and intersected with
giants in the art world. The first evening we returned from dinner and talked long into the night about engaging and intimate topics.

Chrystie house and its warm caretakers deliver a wonderful stay for guests. I thank them for being the most lovely hosts.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I had an excellent time staying at the Chrystie House! Yuan Lee and his wife are superb hosts and they are very accommodating, nice and extremely knowledgeable in history, art and philosophy.

There is so much history with this place. The house is beautifully restored with a nice garden. The room is clean. The bed is luxurious and comfy.

Breakfast is delicious and satisfying!

Not only did we enjoy the physical aspects of Beacon with the hike to Mount Beacon and Dia: Beacon museum, we felt so enriched from our conversations with Yuan and his wife on Chinese history/culture, his art pieces, etc.

We'll be back again in the future.

I recommend the Chrystie House the place to stay if you are ever planning a visit to Beacon!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2017

My Husband and I had the pleasure of enjoying a truly memorable weekend at Chrystie house B&B in Beacon NY. The grounds were beautifully landscaped and offered a wonderful view of the Hudson. We were delighted to learn of the rich historical heritage of the home and its connection to the landscaper who designed central park in NYC. The restoration job done by Mr Lee,the proprietor,is quite lavish and should be highly appreciated by anyone who respects our American Heritage and the work done by our predecessors. My room was immaculate,the cozy inviting bed fostered a great night's sleep and in the morning were treated to a wildlife scenery of deer frolicking through the property. I even saw a red tailed fox. We enjoyed breakfast and the weekend was so wonderful that we are planning to return soon.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2017

Lots to love about Chrystie House but I want to share both the good & the bad so you know what you are getting. If you scroll through the other reviews they paint a pretty good picture of this B&B. The setting and landscaping are great. The house is outside of the town of Beacon and there is ample parking on the grounds. I loved the feeling of spaciousness of the rooms on the main floor. It isn't cluttered but the sparse furnishings are not that inviting to lounge around. Lots of books! And the owner of the B&B is a talented artist whose work is displayed throughout. The parquetry floors are exquisite. There are a number of places on the main floor where the ceiling has watermarks and needs to be re-plastered. This would drive my husband crazy but it is easy to overlook. Little details that I always enjoy at B&Bs are missing. There is no surplus of towels - the vast linen cupboard in each bathroom is empty aside from the quota of one washcloth, hand towel and bath towel per guest. The soap products are basic. The water pressure was great, and care has been taken to renovate & update bathrooms with vintage style plumbing fixtures. Breakfast (at least during our visit) was bought locally and our piece of quiche was microwaved and served. No pancakes, french toast, artisan jams or any of my beloved New England B&B treats. The bed was super comfy and with the curtains closed the room was dark enough to ensure sleeping through the early sunrise hours. Unfortunately, there was a mini fridge in the corner of the room that hummed and was unsightly. WIFI was fast and consistent. As an aside, non of the 4 B&Bs we visited had any signage out front. Be sure that you have noted the correct address of your accommodations in Beacon as signage is lacking.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beacon
1.6 km away
10.1 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport
1.5 km away
#2 of 2 in Beacon

Been to Chrystie House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.