“Outstanding B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Beacon
Chrystie House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 6 Beacon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 October 2012

We stayed at the Chrystie House B&B over the weekend of August 25 and 26, 2012. Had booked it a month earlier off the web. What a joy to behold upon arrival! Yuan Lee is a talented, charming and delightful host/owner with a total desire to see that his guests are comfortable and pleased with their stay.

Room Tip: With four great rooms to pick from, it's all a matter of taste.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Robert B
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 22 August 2012

It took me forever to write this review, but I can't stop thinking about how great this place was.. It all starts with the owner who has true passion for this bed and breakfast--he has put his heart and soul into staying true to the historical aspects of the house. The rooms are so well done, and super interesting. The breakfast was so tasty, and the owner makes sure you have everything you need.

My boyfriend and I wanted a quiet, relaxing NYE weekend away from the busy city and we definitely got it....Beacon has a cute downtown, and nice little river to take a look at-- during the winter everything was picturesque...I highly recommend!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Whitney B
Reviewed 28 July 2012

This B&B grew on us the longer we stayed (three nights). Run by Mr. Lee, an artist, historian and man of many talents, he definitely aims to please. One example: he hops a cab into town every morning to bring back a freshly made breakfast from one of Beacon's best caterers. There's fresh fruit salad, a soft buttery croissant, a moist scone and a rich quiche. All very tasty and pleasantly presented.
The historic house is tastefully decorated (no precious trinkets or doodads) with an amazing library of art books.
We'd definitely stay again--and recommend it to friends who want to visit the area--but are only giving Chrystie's four stars because it's still a little rough around the edges. For example, the porch didn't seem to have been cleaned up since the previous visitors (cans of peanuts and dirty dishes were still on the table the first night we went to sit there). And the grounds, potentially beautiful on several acres, were a bit weedy and unkempt, although Mr. Lee has clearly spent a lot of time building a beautiful patio and stone walls. Seems like it has some growing-up to become a full-fledged, five-star B&B. But it's close.
Although not really walking distance to Beacon's Main Street, it is a close drive there--and to other nearby Hudson River Valley attractions.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank vatravelingbug
ChrystieHouse, Owner at Chrystie House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2012

I thank the encouraging review very much. I want to use the opportunity to apology to all the guests who had stayed in Chrystie House in the last two weeks of July who had walked around the ground with the conditions described on this review. The mother nature had imposed challenges for this innkeeper, and the business as usual type of the landscape contractors who had been maintaining the site: the early July heat/drought had scorched more than two acres of lawn here, the routine maintaining works had been executed by a team of workers who equipped with lawnmowers, trimmers and blowers, had been suspended by the contractor twice, the following two weeks of stormy weather conditions, not only made the recovering lawn grew unevenly, but also let all kinds of weeds, especially some newly invaded species, grew in an unbelievable pace. Realized that I could no longer depend on the process oriented contractors or myself to handle the situations, I have renegotiated the contract and contacted a few local caretakers who in this moment are working hard to make the property looks right again.
I understand the expectations from you, the guests I so enjoyed to have, and want to tell you that I am committed to do everything I can to deserve your continue supports.

Reviewed 11 June 2012

We have never stayed at a bed and breakfast but this experience will ensure a return visit. I have never felt so welcomed and comfortable. The inn keeper is so kind and a wealth of history and experience - we loved talking with him. Breakfast was perfect on the beautiful patio with nature surrounding us. We as patrons are lucky to have someone willing to restore and maintain our American history and keep it personable. My husband and I will be sure to encourage anyone who will listen to visit. I just loved it!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bobbi1974
Reviewed 29 May 2012

The owner and host, Yuan Lee, couldn't have been more accommodating at this beautiful English-styled bed and breakfast. The three-course breakfast he served on his patio was fantastic --fresh fruit, pastries and quiche, and OJ and coffee. A perfect way to start your day. (I also recommend bringing a bottle of wine to enjoy on the patio in the afternoon.) Coming from the City, I couldn't have been happier in such a serene and quiet setting. There is a nearby waterfall one can easily walk to, and getting to Main Street is a $6 cab ride (if you don't have a car). Anytime I visit Beacon, I will be sure to stay with Yuan.

Room Tip: We stayed in the William Few room -- and very much enjoyed the tempurpedic mattress, the only one of...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lucy-Claire S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beacon
1.6 km away
Hampton Inn Fishkill
#1 of 14 in Fishkill
8.5 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Newburgh Stewart Airport

Been to Chrystie House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK