Roundhouse(Beacon)
US$ 239
  • Spa
Economy Inn(Newburgh)
US$ 85
Quality Inn & Suites Fishkill(Fishkill)(Great Value!)
US$ 168
Hotels.com
US$ 167
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewscookiesgreen roomtrain stationwonderful hostsfrench toastmain streettranquility roomlovely gardenbedroom and bathroompumpkin pancakesbreakfast was delicioustea cupslocation was perfectcomfortable staya great place to stayloved our staylong driveway
Reviewed 12 November 2017

We recently spent a very nice weekend in Beacon NY area and stayed at the Swann Inn for 2 nights. Our hosts, Neil and Darlene were available throughout our visit and offered excellent dining suggestions. We selected the Swann Inn since it gave us ready access to nearby Dia Beacon, Storm King Art Center and the galleries, shops and restaurants on Main Street. Also, the trail entrance to Mount Beacon is right next door. Breakfast both days was very good -- Darlene's Pumpkin Pancakes and Belgian Waffles were a very welcome surprise and a great way to start the day!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2017

The property and the house are lovely, the owners try to do a good job, but I don't think this is their calling. We didn't feel welcome in a certain way, the proprietors offers of assistance were frequently accompanied by guilt inducing phrases such as "it costs so much money to clean after a dog has been in the room," and "even though I'm watching TV with me wife right now, I'll come and get you anyway."
Although we responded that we do not have any food allergies in the registration questionnaire, we were served amaretto flavored gluten free waffles for breakfast. I really do not like gluten free food, but we were given no choice.
Finally, when I asked the proprietor if I could give him feedback, he took a defensive stance and did not respond. I told him anyway that I thought his room smelled strongly of fabric softener, and he said that 99% of people really like it.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2017

Dark and cluttered interior, though clean and delicious food. The location was convenient to our venue, so it worked for us. Would not likely book here again however, for reasons given along with the B&B cost.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Ken T
neiljacob, Owner at The Swann Inn of Beacon, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Thank you for your comments and for staying with us at the Swann Inn of Beacon. Our inn is in the Victorian style. Glad you enjoyed the food and our location.

Reviewed 23 September 2017

The Inn was very cozy with a big porch, comfortable chairs and tables surrounded by beautiful landscaping and flowers. Darlene also has a large garden on the side of the house to stroll through. Coffee and snacks were available all day and excellent gourmet breakfasts were provided. The Inn was clean and the beds comfortable. They are a couple of minutes from town and a few minutes from the Hudson. My only issue was I have allergies. Although I did not see their pets in the guest area my allergies, unfortunately, kicked up

Room Tip: the Blue room has a huge bathroom, The Tranquility room had a kitchenette and fridge
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2017

House is charming, hosts (Darlene and Neil) are terrific and the location is perfect! If you are looking for a great place to stay (and enjoy a great breakfast) while hiking Mt. Beacon, exploring the surrounding area or just relaxing, we could not recommend The Swann Inn of Beacon any more highly.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family