See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 December 2016

Had a great time at this b & b. Breakfast was very good, the rooms are charming, and the hosts are so accommodating and friendly! It's central location makes it a good spot if you're Beacon-bound - and it has lovely views of the mountains around it.

Date of stay: January 2016
Reviewed 17 October 2016

My wife and I stayed one night last week while traveling through the area. Wonderful old historic spot. We stayed in the Magnolia Room, on the top floor with a great view down the leafy valley to the Hudson River. The room had an adjacent enclosed sunroom and access to the upper deck for sitting. Really nice sized room and upgraded bathroom. Nice historic touches throughout.

Great couple who operate the Botsford Briar, Shirley and Charles. Very friendly and caring. Very obvious they delight in operating this historic B&B. Looking around it's clear that the building has a lot of unique character, and requires a great deal of attention and care. They obviously do a good job trying to keep the place in good condition; no small task. Inside there are several rooms with a large variety of antiques, collectables, etc. Quite an amazing assortment.

We would definitely stay at Botsford Briar if traveling through the area again.

Room tip: Magnolia Room for size, views and access to sunroom and deck.
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2016

We've started staying at Botsford Briar two years ago to celebrate our anniversary and just love it. It's a lovely, quaint, and quiet place to get away and relax. My husband and I will go back each year. Shirley and Charles are wonderful innkeepers!

Room tip: The Magnolia Room has a deck to watch the sunset. The Rose Room is lovely also.
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

I came here earlier than October 2015, but that was the earliest date I could select for the review. My boyfriend and I came here for our first excursion to Beacon, and we splurged on the nicest room with the big private glassed in porch, and I think that's why we had such a nice experience. It was great to hang out there staring at the view and just let the day pass. I did not find the place claustrophobic at all. The proprietor is very nice and just wants you to have a great time in Beacon. He had a bunch of awesome suggestions for dinner and nightlife.

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2016

The Inn is a beautiful Queen Anne home. Wonderful original woodwork and decor. Excellent service. Innkeepers were gracious and helpful. The Main Street, with its quaint shops is within walking distance, as is the "must-see" DIA Museum. I had a wonderful weekend and would certainly recommend the Botsford Briar to my friends, as I already have. I look forward to a return visit in the Fall to take in the area foliage.

Room tip: Rooms on westside and upper floor have great river views.
Date of stay: August 2016