“Much more than I bargained for!”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Batavia
Reviewed 19 July 2017

I arrived late due to an airline (American) snafu. I was greeted by the night clerk (Emilie Barger) and said she was glad to see me as my brother had been asking if I had arrived yet. She gave me my card key and explained how to get to my room. My room was large with a king bed, desk and chair, flat screen and full bath. Everything was spotless! I went out to have a few puffs on my cigar and Emilie took my around back to a bench so I could sit as there were no chairs or benches out front or on the side near my room. We asked her for a restaurant recommendation and were very pleased with her choice. The next morning we went for breakfast and I was surprised by the variety of the foods (eggs and sausages, fruits, juices, cereals, milk, coffee and hot water for the teas). This was watched over by Erin Collins with unerring accuracy and speed. During our five days there we had great rooms and superior staff service. It isn't fancy, but very nice and very comfortable. Close to interstate 90, but far enough away that there was no discernible noise.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn

Reviewed 3 July 2017

Great stay. Staff was courteous and welcoming. Everything was clean - bedding, carpet, fridge, etc. Bathroom was spotless, which is important to me! :) Air conditioner was perfect, and we appreciated the fact that it was put on for us before check-in. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

I ended up not staying at Comfort Inn due to a booking error. But wanted to leave a review because the front desk clerk was so friendly, and helpful. She was a sweet blonde with pretty tattoos . She did her best to remedy the situation and although we ultimately did not stay there, her customer service would make it likely for me to come back despite the booking problem. Thank you.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2017

free WiFi free cable continental breakfast extremely clean rooms fantastic service convenient location to shopping facilities cor-dual guests would recommend to everyone easy access parking close to many restaurants

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 May 2017

We were heading east on I-90 and after seeing our 3rd dead deer on the highway decided to stop for the night. At one of the turnpike rest areas we looked up Batavia hotels and decided on the Comfort Inn. I thought I booked a suite with a whirlpool but maybe I didn't. In any case when we arrived an hour or two later Stephen quickly arrived at the desk to check us in. The stairs in the lobby told me right away that this hotel DOES NOT HAVE AN ELEVATOR!!

Stephen was very nice about the situation and promised me a first floor room. Being a Sunday night occupancy was probably low. We were given room 116. As soon as we walked in we could smell cigarette smoke. Back to the front desk we went.

Jen heard us at the desk with Stephen and came to our assistance immediately. She didn't doubt for a second that what we said was true and she helped Stephen rebook us into another first floor suite. (Really not sure what makes room 125 a suite but as long as it was first floor, 2 beds, and no smoke I was happy). Jen went down to 116 anyway with my husband smelled the smoke herself. Evidently Stephen was a trainee but they were both awesome. Stephen also warned us that sometimes the room keys get deactivated by smart phones. Well I don't have a smart phone but yes, room key failure was a problem.

Coffee and pastries were available 24 hours. I never saw the pool because I was too tired and we only had one issue with the internet. They change the password on Sunday nights so on Monday morning when my husband and I woke up early we couldn't log in to our devices. A visit to the front desk set us up with the new password. No problem. The side entrance didn't lock like it was supposed to but honestly that just made loading the luggage back into the car easier.

Breakfast had a waffle maker, eggs, sausage, and the usual other items. Staff was on top of things from what I could tell.

Overall the staff was awesome. The pitfalls that I saw didn't matter much to me. The white curtains were shredded, there were glue marks or something in front of the tv, the carpet looked worn..... no matter. The elevator issue.... that should be addressed. If we hadn't been able to get a first floor room then there would have been a problem but the staff took care of it easily. I'd stay again but only on the first floor. Stairs and luggage don't mix in my book.

Again this was a stop over visit and not a destination stay. I would have been more unhappy if this was a destination.

Room Tip: get a first floor room unless you like stairs
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family