“Decent place - has its plus and minuses”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Batavia
Reviewed 18 July 2016

Not the best but not the worst either..loved the modern look to the room, and having a microwave and a mini-fridge is always a plus. however, my room was facing the Thruway so there always seemed to be some whirring noises from the trucks...nothing to keep me awake at night but still present,
I liked that there was no tub, just a modern shower, but felt the bathroom amenties were lacking in terms of the toiletries provided. same with the old fashioned coffee pot - would have preferred a keurig type pot and there was no tea bags. I would have liked a complimentary bottle of water.
they did have coffee, tea, juice and water in the lobby.
The staff were pleasant. I would have liked the ease of a bill under the door instead of having to request a receipt from the front desk.
The pool is small but usable, and the fitness center has only three machines. there was no cold water in the cooler.
The continental breakfast wasn't as nice as others but it was OK.

Room Tip: Not facing the Thruway!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn

Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

Stayed Saturday night with my husband, we didn't make it back to the room until after midnight and around 3AM I woke with an intense itching sensation on my arms.. thrre were red bites all over me. I notified the management Sunday that I believe that the room was infested and as of today 3 days and no call even to apologize, I do not recommend, not only for the filthy bugs but for the lack of communication with us . Discussed !!!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank 111dmc
Reviewed 27 June 2016

I was traveling with family for a family members graduation. When we arrived at the 3 p.m. check-in time, no one was at the front desk, a sign was up, informing us to wait as they had stepped away for a short time. After about 10 minutes we were able to check in. Our first room smelled like Syrup. When we asked for another room, we were told they had to "call the manager for authorization." After waiting for about 15 minutes, I then went back to the front desk and asked on the progress. At that time, the manager, who was not on duty, was called on the phone and authorized a move to a second room. Another guest had to be moved, as the hotel allegedly "had no vacancy." We were then put on the second floor. I am handicapped and when I asked about an elevator, I was told they do not have an elevator. After getting to the second room, we discovered ants in the bathroom of the second room. Because we had dinner reservations with family and plans after, we decided to stay in the second room. We once again went to the front desk to make them aware of the ants, at that time, we overhead the front desk employee informing someone that they had two king suites available for that night.
When we informed her of the ants, she attempted to move us again, but I informed her we were on our way out and were not able to move, but did ask that they give us a discount on the room. A short time later, I received a call from another hotel employee, again offering to move us. I again explained that we were not at the hotel, would not return until after 11 p.m. and could not move at that time. She said that although they are booked solid, they could move us - when I pointed out they still have two king suites available, she stated they were booked "at my price." I expressed again, that we are only asking for a discount after moving once already - she stated that she did not know we had already moved and she would have to talk to the General Manager for authorization for a discount.
In the end, we did receive a discount - but we will not be staying at that hotel again. I have never heard of a hotel where staff needs permission from the manager to move a guest to another room when there are issues with the first room; that did not have an elevator or that does not have a manager on duty on a busy weekend.

Room Tip: No elevator, and stairs are steep, so if you have difficulty with steps, ask for a room on the first...
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank 47543Trish
Reviewed 25 April 2016

We were in Batavia for an extremely sad time in my life. We had a large room with King size bed, bath, desk and chair, microwave, refrigerator, casual chair with ottoman. We were at the end of the hall with an entrance right outside of our door. The housekeeping staff was great and the complimentary breakfast was tasty.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Diane E
Reviewed 24 April 2016

Very easy to get to off of the NY Thruway. Very clean room but was surprised with the $30.00 pet charge. There are lots of yard space to walk your dog. So much for a pet friendly motel. We didn't have breakfast because only limit of food.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple