“Good Hotel off New York thruway”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Batavia
Normal, Illinois
“Good Hotel off New York thruway”
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We stayed for one night, found hotel on GPS. It was a very nice Comfort Inn.
Clean. Front desk clerk I had to push for the senior rate. When I ask about restaurants, she said they had lots in town. We found a very nice Bob Evans down the street, otherwise you need to drive intown.

We went to Breakfast at 6:00 the next morning because we were on our way to Boston. We were told Breakfast wasn't served til 7 on the week=ends. Really, never heard this at any other comfort inn. She did get us some cereal and milk, There were workers that came right in after us and complained also they had to be to work at 6:30 a.m.

I checked out signed and left. an hour late I looked at my bill the clerk checked me out of the wrong room we were in 117 (yes, I said they when I returned the keys) she checked us out of 202! Not even close! The girl on the phone told me we were still in the room, I told we were an hour away on the road...

1 Thank Joanne D
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Dorchester Ontario
Reviewed 23 April 2012

After leaving a dingy hotel across the street from the Comfort Inn in Batavia, we were very pleased with this hotel. It was clean, the beds were comfortable, the rooms were large and the continental breakfast was quite adequate. It seemed like a new hotel. The staff members which we met were very friendly and helpful. There was very easy access to the highway. I would return to this hotel if I were to return to Batavia.

2 Thank canadiankathie
Oneonta, New York
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I am not sure it gets better than this. The Comfort Inn did EVERYTHING right! I did not have a reservation, but a coupon book from a rest stop, and was treated with the utmost of courtesy and respect but an incredibly nice and knowledgeable desk lady. The lobby area (apparently the hotel is newly renovated) was beautiful, as was the breakfast area (even a 'fireplace' under the television!). My room was fantastic...everything was super clean (and new). Bed was comfortable, pillows a little mushy but acceptable. When my daughter felt sick we decided she should have her own bed, and we easily were able to obtain a roll-away for her. A wonderful man came in and set it up for us, and showed us nothing but kindness and respect during our stay. He even asked how my daughter's college studying was going! The breakfast was better than most, with some sausage & egg options in addition to the more typical breakfast fare. Our checkout was a breeze with yet another very friendly front desk lady. I can easily way we did not want to leave, and the next time in the Rochester area would most definitely stay there again. This hotel is a model of what a customer is looking for and there are numerous establishments I'd love to send this way for training. Thank you SO much!

2 Thank jminy
Camp Hill
Reviewed 2 April 2012

The Batavia Comfort Inn is near the NY Throughway at the edge of town. I chose it because of a AAA rating. It was a great stay. The desk person was very friendly and extremely friendly. I always ask for restaurant help. She knew the places in town and gave a perfect description of the one that I chose. She also gave perfect directions. If I return to this part of the world, I will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Courthouse067
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Very friendly staff, comfortable room, nice and clean, and a delicious breakfast.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple