Camp Moremi(Moremi Game Reserve)
  • Breakfast included
Sanctuary Stanley's Camp(Okavango Delta)
  • Restaurant
Pom Pom Camp(Okavango Delta)
  • Pool
Sanctuary Chief's Camp(Moremi Game Reserve)
Agoda.com
Kadizora Camp(Okavango Delta)
TripAdvisor
Selinda Camp(Okavango Delta)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Belmond Khwai River Lodge(Moremi Game Reserve)
No availability for your dates from these sites
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsplunge poolwilderness safarissunken living roomgame viewingwild dogsraised boardwalktented suitesitting areaoutdoor showermain arealeopard cubsprivate guideevening drivethe managersgames drivesduma taustaff went out of their way
Reviewed 5 July 2017

Vumbra plains was such an amazing experience. From the staff, to the accommodations, to the wildlife. Just top of the line. This was my first safari experience and I went with my family. I did not know what to expect. From the moment we got off our plane - we were welcomed into this incredible world. ST was the best guide - made sure to show us all the wildlife. He was a wealth of knowledge about the Plains/Delta. Ruth was an amazing cook. I have dream about her food! She was accommodating to all our allergy needs. Joel was such a welcoming and accommodating manager.

The cabins were not what I was expecting at all. Beautiful rooms with a full living room, comfy beds that felt like you were sleeping on clouds, and everything else that you could think of. I was very surprised at the pressure and temperature of the shower! Welcome surprise when you wake up cold at 6 am :)

Vumbra Plains was an unreal experience. As their motto says "Our journey changes lives" - and its true in every way. I only hope to come back sooner than later.

Room Tip: All cabins are the same. Beautiful, big, and right in the wild.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
WildernessSafaris, Public Relations Manager at Wilderness Safaris Vumbura Plains Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Dear alexamasano,

Thank you for the wonderful review, we are thrilled to see how much you enjoyed your stay with us and delighted to read about your great adventures with ST. We sincerely hoe your journey with us was a memorable and life changing one.

Until we meet again

Reviewed 24 June 2017

This camp was one of the best for game viewing we have been to. Good waterhole for viewing en site with extremely comfortable rooms with personal jacuzzi and deck. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the drivers of the trucks very knowledgable. The food was good but the game viewing was exceptional. A must visit.

Room Tip: All rooms have good views
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
WildernessSafaris, Public Relations Manager at Wilderness Safaris Vumbura Plains Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Dear Laneyrandell,

Thank you for the beautiful review and high praises, we are overjoyed to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us and delighted to have been able to share this beautiful area with you both. We look forward to sharing your kind words with all our staff in camp and hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

I have never stayed in a room this luxurious. The room was incredible, the staff was friendly and attentive. The drives were superb. I missed the communal dining table. This was luxury at its best; with a hand written menu, a beautiful location and a luxurious lodge.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
WildernessSafaris, Public Relations Manager at Wilderness Safaris Vumbura Plains Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

Dear krtravelDelaware,

Thank you for the wonderful review, we are delighted to see how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We will be sure to share your kind words with all our staff in camp.

Reviewed 4 May 2017

This was my 2nd trip to the beautiful Okavango Delta in Botswana, and I can honestly say that Vumbura is one of the most beautiful places that I have ever been to. Not only is the camp incredibly luxurious, but the staff was amazing and the animal sightings were unbelievable. As in all Wilderness-Safari camps, the level of guiding is simply the best. Our guide, Speedy Senase was extremely knowledgeable and somehow managed to find cheetahs, the animal I had been trying unsuccessfully to see on my 3 previous trips to Africa!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
WildernessSafaris, Public Relations Manager at Wilderness Safaris Vumbura Plains Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2017

Dear LauraBro323,

We are delighted to hear you and Speedy found the illusive cheetah - that is a great treat and accomplishment, we will be sure to send him you regards. We hope you will visit us again soon so that we can share more life changing experiences with you.

Reviewed 18 April 2017

The expectations for this camp were extremely high. We had a rocky start, but in the end had a wonderful stay. Before I write anything about what went wrong, I want to first comment that the staff made up for the mishaps. Our guide Gee, who usually works at their sister camp Little Vumbura, is an amazing guide. He is so knowledgeable and an expert on the flora y fauna. He clearly and simply explained the history of the area, the geology, and the uses of the local herbs and plants in such a way that it was fun to hop out of the jeep and examine the plants and termite mounds. He showed us the devil's thorn plant and how the locals mix the leaves with water to make a natural soap. I even tried out turning a thin twig into a toothbrush and tongue scraper. He also explained the animals and their patterns of movement and pointed out their tracks in the sand. Not only was he good at following the tracks but he had terrific instincts for predicting their movement. We were following a lioness as she was trying to find her sister and her cubs. We slowly drove behind her as she tried to follow her sister's scent. Gee had an idea of where the others were and asked if we minded if he went on ahead to check another location. My sister and I said sure and off we went. Two minutes later Gee spotted the sister and the cubs before the other lioness did. We were able to watch them climb a tree. We saw so many amazing and unusual animal behaviors and sightings. If you get to have Gee as your guide, you will be very lucky and in for a treat: great game viewing, learning about the habitat, and hearing lots of humorous tales.

Now, when we first arrived, the jeep that picked us up broke down and we had to hitch a ride with another jeep that passed by on their way back to camp. We shared a room our first night and then moved into our own separate rooms the next night when they became available (we stayed 3 nights). Unfortunately my sister's room had not been thoroughly cleaned from the previous guests so that was the second mishap. The third was being assigned the same jeep that picked us up at the airstrip for our second day of game drives and having it break down again in the bush. Gee was able to fix it so that we could drive out of the swamp, but eventually the steering went out and we had to wait for another jeep to meet us so we could get back to camp. Oabi and Olivia who were in charge of guest relations were very apologetic and arranged for another jeep to take us out in the afternoon and arranged for a beautiful setup for sundowners during the evening drive, The staff members at the camp were very professional, courteous, and welcoming. I am rating the camp a 4 because of the mishaps. I would give the kindness of the staff a 5 and our guide Gee a 5+.

The cottages are lovely with private decks, plunge pool, outdoor lounging/seating areas, and an outdoor shower. Inside, the screened views from the bed and sunken living room are incredible. The camp is often visited by elephants, warthogs, hippos, hyenas, and lions. In fact, there was an elephant teetering on the boardwalk outside of my sister's room and he knocked down the rails as he got down.

On another note, we stayed in Vumbura South. There are 6 cottages in the South side of Vumbura Plains; my sister and I were in two out of the six. There are 3 jeeps and three guides for game viewing. We have stayed at other camps and had two units and were allotted our own car. At Vumbura, this was not the case. When we asked about this policy, we were provided our own jeep and guide, which is why Gee came over from Little Vumbura. The first guide we had was Emong (another excellent guide) who drove us in a shared jeep.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
WildernessSafaris, Public Relations Manager at Wilderness Safaris Vumbura Plains Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2017

Dear sheltydog2005,

Thank you for your kind review, we are so happy to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us despite the problems you had with the vehicle. We have looked into this and can assure you this has since been rectified. It is unfortunate that this happened to you on two different game drives but thankful for our great staff for hitting the ground running and organising a different vehicle from a neighbours at Little Vumbura. Sorry again that this happened but glad to see that this did not ruin your entire stay with us.

Gee is a fabulous guide and we have asked the team at Vumbura Plains to pass your message along to him. You are very brave to try the bush toothbrush and will have to find more strange and wonderful things for you to do.