Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews tented camp game drives wild dog puppies morning drive the entire staff the managers the reserve off road mokoro ride outdoor shower ak butler andbeyond ranger tracker singing okavango
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 January 2019

Every year I take my mum on an International holiday of her choice and for 2018 I was surprised when she said she wanted to go to Namibia and Botswana, specifically the Okavango Delta. I wanted to really cap off our trip with some extreme luxury and stumbled across &Beyond in my research. Surprisingly I hadn't heard of them before. Basically from when we first arrived in Maun, met by a smiling &Beyond representative with cool glass bottles of water, to when we left, clutching delicious brown bags of lunch and snacks, it was a delight! This kind of luxury is the next level kind. Where your every whim and fancy is entertained and there is a rolling parade of incredible food and drink to accompany every incredible experience. Our room was sublime, our game drives were the best wildlife spotting I have ever had and the staff treated us like queens. I don't know how best to convince people to splurge on something like this except to say that a trip to Nxabega will be one for the memory books forever.

Room tip: We had the room at the very end, with the fig tree, and we were visited by baboons, warthogs and impala. Super cute.
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
123  Thank LaurenEPBath
Reviewed 27 November 2018

To be honest I was a little concerned about a tented camp with no AC but I had no need to worry it turns out. It was hot, but got perfectly cool in the evenings and with the open tent it was an amazing way to sleep. The lodge is beautifully appointed, the staff is gracious and wonderful, the food was good (not excellent but they were as accommodating as possible) and the game viewing awesome! Our guide Kuks and tracker Jose worked SO hard to find us the animals we wanted to see the most and both had great personalities and made it a super fun experience. There was also a lot of cool game to see around the lodge such as monkeys, kudu, bushbucks, buffalo, elephants and more. You get a real sense of being "in the bush" with luxury at it's finest. My ONLY complaint is that the wifi is very weak, and they could use some ceiling fans in the main lounge areas but otherwise we LOVED out stay and definitely will be back!

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2018

Located in the delta this was a real water and wilderness experience. Each guest has a wonderful welcome and farewell with lovely singing. Also drinks and towels are available on arrival and return from each safari. Our guide Richard and tracker Candrew worked incredibly hard to find animals and game for us to view.
Our accommodation was an amazing tent with the most incredible ensuite. It had a wonderful supply of soaps, creams etc. There were complimentary slippers and lovely dressing gowns. The towels were thick and luxurious.
Because it is not fenced we had security to walk us to the room each night after dinner and meet us in the morning before the sun was up.
The food was abundant and fantastic with our butler Masega ensuring we were well looked after. We had a very enjoyable Boma dinner. All alcohol is included. A great bar to have sundowners and pre dinner drinks.
Laundry was also included and arrived back promptly.
The power was off at night because of the remote location.
Wifi was complimentary, but only in the common area. I would suggest that be changed to guest rooms.
An amazing experience with so many special features. It is certainly a place I would readily recommend.

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed 17 November 2018

Nxabega Tented Camp was the first stop on our 7 night stay in the Delta, and it was the highlight our trip. The camp itself is a perfect combination of ultra luxury while still being immersed in nature. The tents are stunning, spacious, and beautifully appointed, and the views are divine.

We had fabulous game viewing, including the elusive leopard which we saw four days in a row. We also had incredible lion, elephant, and general game sightings. This is in large part to our incredible guide and tracker team Richard and Candrew. They are phenomenal trackers and clearly have a passion for the bush and what they do. I've been on plenty of safaris where the tracker isn't involved, but Candrew was very involved in our experience, and along with Richard they together make such a great team. We loved watching them track and work together as much as we loved seeing the animals after they found them (well... almost as much!)

The water activities are a lot of fun and very relaxing. I hated the thought to give up a game drive of potentially seeing big game, but the Mokoro ride was one of the highlights of my whole trip.

The last thing that sets Nxabega above all others was the service. The kindess and consideration from every single staff member really blew us away (special mention to Judy and Tsepi) and we were so sad to leave. I will happily return and recommend this camp to anyone!

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Charlotte A
Reviewed 4 November 2018

I don't know where to start. I can't believe we had such an incredible experience. Not one thing went wrong. We took a three week trip through Zimbabwe, Botswana and South Africa. Nxabega was the last camp we went to, and probably the best. I agree with the writer who mentions Kitsu, who was also our butler. She is unbelievable. Professional, thoughtful and knew just what we want when we want it. How does she do that? Our driver, Kuks and his tracker, Jose (pronounced Joe-say) were excellent. We saw every living thing Okavanka Delta has to offer but a rhino. The tents are gorgeous, comfortable and perfect for viewing. Every night we were visited by a family of eles who were happily munching away at mid night. We had our own resident warthog and some bush bucks. We left Nxabega Nov. 2 and it was getting oppressively hot. Summer is starting, rains will come and all will turn green and lush, not the best time for animal viewing. So we got there just in time! Lest I forget, the chefs are outstanding, food delish. Even the housekeeper is a marvel. It was wonderful coming back to our beautiful tent after the morning drive to find all clean and spotless. Cannot say enough about Nxabega. If we have the chance, we will definitely go back for more than three days.

Room tip: Tent 8 was spectacular. Eles seemed to prefer this area at night.
Date of stay: October 2018