See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

We liked the character of this hotel very much. We just wanted a clean bed and fresh towels and ac, and we got it! The only reason I didn't give a 5 star was because of age and carpet. It's not fancy, but in good shape. If I could make one recommendation it would be new carpet.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Tina M
Reviewed 4 November 2016

This motel is old and in need of some refreshing, but it is clean and quiet and comfortable. We didn't have anyone in the adjacent units, so it might be noisier some times, but it was great for us. The train is a bit loud early in the morning.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank MattC12345
Reviewed 28 April 2016

I wanted to give the Buckaroo Motel a second try to see if it was as good as the first - and it was. It is certainly a "no frills" motel but if you don't need a lot of extras you aren't planning on using (pool, microwave, mini-fridge) this is the place. It's clean, the bed is comfortable, the TV is small but it works, the wi-fi is quite strong and the bathroom is just fine. And it's less than half of what a lot of the others in Tucumcari charge.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2015

I had never stayed at the Buckaroo before but I was determined to see whether some other favorable ratings were correct. First of all, the rates run less than half of some of the other highly-rated motels in Tucumcari. I didn't really know what to expect but I was more than pleasantly surprised. The room, while not expansive, was very clean and neat. It looked like it had recently been repainted and the carpeting looked brand new. The bathroom was neat and tidy and had more than enough towels and wash cloths. The TV was not a flat-screen but it was quite new and the available channels came in without any problems. The wi-fi signal was also very strong. This stay will definitely NOT be my last at the Buckaroo.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank flyboy1946
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We came into Tucumcari late in the evening, and saw that many establishments had already filled or closed. The Buckaroo's neon sign was still shining, though, and we registered. Same minor issues with a hot room for the first hour or so, but the A/C eventually more than cooled it off. Comfortable beds, a clean room, and a very good price.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business