All reviews ground coffee needed a place to stay helpful owner small bathroom chairs and tables clean rooms would stay here again chain hotel free wifi road trip night's sleep ceiling fan bed was very comfortable in town coffee maker new mexico hans
Reviewed 14 November 2017

Hans is the quintessential inn keeper.
Helped make a hard trip for me so much easier.
Can't say enough about his friendly assistance and advice on all things local.
Room was clean and neat in the style of old motor lodges and a nice view to boot.
Microwave and mini fridge in room with patio table and chairs on front ‘porch’.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
4  Thank StreetTwinRider
Reviewed 19 October 2017

This is a very sweet and nice motel!.The owner Hans is so nice, helpful and accommodated all of our needs! My daughter and a group of 9 of us came to Truth or Consequences to film a movie from NY. We all stayed at Hans hotel for 3 nights and were super comfortable. The motel is close to everything,really clean and very safe. He helped in all ways possible and we would stay there again! It really felt nice after longs days of working to know we were coming back to Desert View Inn! Thanks for everything!

Stayed: October 2017
3  Thank varenya
Reviewed 12 September 2017

This is a very quaint, locally owned motel that is very affordable. From the moment I checked in to the moment I left, it was all a pleasant experience. The owner was very attentive and responsive. The property is very well maintained and clean. I cannot say enough good things about staying here and will definitely do so again!

Room Tip: I don't know that this property has any bad rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Kathy C
Reviewed 21 August 2017

Booked ahead via Booking.com with Senior Discount, Non-Smoking.
Easy check-in, Hans, the owner/operator, is nice and knows a lot about the area. My room was nicely cleaned and clean smelling, clean small bathroom with marble shower, OK WiFi, coffee machine in room, (ask Hans for fresh ground coffee), quiet sleep and easy quick check-out...
No breakfast available, however much cheaper than a hotel with; and close to breakfast restaurants if so desired, no phone in room.
I ALWAYS stay here when passing through the area each year and would stay again without hesitation...

Room Tip: Say 'Hello' to Penny (lobby dog) and give her a scratch for me.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank BRENT C
Reviewed 18 August 2017

This is not your modern chain, and that (and the price) is why we stayed there. Manager was very friendly and helpful; he gave us good advice about local hot springs and restaurants. Don't expect a fancy room, and the bathroom is tiny. But this place brought me back to memories of traveling 50 years ago except that there is TV and Wi-fi - and coffee to your taste provided in the morning.

Room Tip: all rooms seemed the same; ask the manager
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple