“I'm pleasantly surprised ”

Holiday Inn Express Truth or Consequences
Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

I travel a lot, worldwide, and I am quite a snob when it comes to hotels so the hotel really has to earn its 5 on my reviews. I don't want to pay to stay somewhere away from home and be in a place worse than my home. I usually stay in 5 star hotels but there were none when I had to book my business trip to Truth or Consequences.

The Holiday Inn Express looked like the best choice. I am very happy with my decision. It is very nicely decorated. It is very clean. The bed is comfortable. They have free WiFi that works very well. There is a nice breakfast included. The little amenities they offer like a Keurig coffee machine and K cups are appreciated. Apples and cookies when you check in.

Aside from the view, my room here was actually better and bigger than the room I had recently at the Mandarin Oriental in NY at $750 a night. Here I paid under $100.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Anna L, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Truth or Consequences, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2016

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us after staying here at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Truth or Consequences! Wow are we proud that we earned our 5 stars from you and proved to be a great choice! Our goal is to make every guests stay the Best stay and with our amenities it looks like we did just that for you. We hope that if you are ever back in the area again we can have the pleasure of accommodating you at our facility each time. :)

Safest Travels,
Sam - GSM

Reviewed 17 August 2016

Started to stay elsewhere, but it was a dump. Nice people also staying there. The place was packed, very popular. Pool area was very good, and jacuzzi was large enough to share with strangers . Access in is difficult. Good breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Develas
Anna L, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Truth or Consequences, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent feedback with us! We are glad that you chose to come stay with us after all and enjoyed our amenities also. I apologize for the trouble you had with our hotel access however but I do hope that you will come stay with us again if you ever find yourself back in the area!
Safest Travels!!
GSM- Sam

Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

I came into town for a week of training and this was the host hotel.

I couldn't really find any major issues or have any big complaints.

Typical small town hotel, at least newer than all the others and clean. Has a small indoor pool/jacuzzi and gym. It has the typical hot continental breakfast.

It seems, not just here but everywhere, the locals aren't to nice when it comes to outsiders.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Stretch2523
Anna L, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Truth or Consequences, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent feedback. We are glad to hear that you didn't have any major issues or complaints during your stay. I apologize that you didn't find the locals to be too friendly though! We try to make every guest feel as welcome and comfortable as possible while staying with us here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites TorC. We hope to see you back next time you are in the area!
Warmest Regards,
GSM- Sam

Reviewed 27 July 2016

My family and I booked two rooms at this location for an overnight stay. At first, the desk clerk seemed to be kind of off in another world but once he started working on our reservations, he was very nice. The rooms were very clean and had everything in them. The hot breakfast was very good. My grandchildren loved the variety. The indoor pool area was very clean. The employees made this a great stay with their desire to help. We liked it so much, we made it a point to stay here again on our return trip.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank James M

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We are glad to see that you enjoyed your stay here so much that you decided to come back right away! I am glad that our employees made your stay great and hope you enjoy it just as much if not more when you return! Looking forward to your next arrival!
Safest Travels!!
GSM-Sam

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

I stay at the IGH properties as a matter of course. Generally they provide a good level of service at an attractive price. And, as an IGH Rewards plan member I quickly get points that provide a fun opportunity for travel with my wife just for fun. On this trip I entered the land of limited expectations. This facility consistently got it wrong every time and showed little care or concern about the poor service.

The final straw was the inability to keep my reservation through the period on my confirmation. They managed to lose me in their system at least once a day and my key would stop working. Today they locked me out of the room because they could not contact me to let me know that I no longer had a reservation on Saturday. My IGH profile has a business phone, cell phone, email and I routinely get messages as well. Sadly this is a facility that I stay at or my company places customers at at least 100 days a year. I'm guessing that if they can't take care of me, someone staying just a single night has no chance at all. They lack cleaning staff and managed to miss my room, and often were just finishing late in the day.

This was definitely a miss. Sadly this is one of the newer and better properties in TorC. The hotel across the street is an older Comfort Inn and a little shop worn but service wise you get the feeling they want your business and they do try harder. I guess I need to go back to where my business is appreciated.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Anna L, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Truth or Consequences, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2016

I would first like to thank you for sharing your honest feedback with us even though sadly, it is not the best. I understand your frustration with the service you've experienced and would like to apologize. On this stay I did see your reservation was initially made for 2 nights only before the weekend that we were already fully booked up for so that may be where some confusion came up. I can assure you though that we are working on fixing some staffing issues as we have been a little short handed and very busy. Overall I understand this is not the service you would come to expect from and IHG property and again would like to deeply apologize. Your business is always appreciated with us and we do hope that you will continue to stay with us as we will work on bettering your stays each and every time you return.
Warmest Regards,
Hotel Staff

Also consider these accommodations in or near Truth or Consequences
0.2 km away
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Co...
#5 of 14 in Truth or Consequences
1.7 km away
Desert View Inn
Desert View Inn
#6 of 14 in Truth or Consequences

Been to Holiday Inn Express Truth or Consequences? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK