All reviews ted turner couples massage granola new mexico continental breakfast hot springs ice water outdoor tub mineral bath get away minute soak one night stay an oasis soaking rooms santa fe el paso hour drive
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

I cannot say enough great things about this charming hotel. I began planning a surprise trip for my husband in January. He’s a bison enthusiast so I knew he’d love a Ted Turner expedition (more on that later). Everyone I spoke with at the hotel was extremely helpful and kind. I am especially grateful for Lynn for helping me book the all day private ranch tour on the Armendaris Ranch, couples massage, mineral soaks (which are complimentary), and making reservations with the restaurant. We were truly able to relax upon our arrival because everything was taken care of!
Our room was beautifully decorated, with a fantastic view, and local soaps/lotion.

The restaurant caters to allergies. I have celiac disease and was able to comfortably dine without any worries! They even brought me gf bread which is a nice treat! So many gluten free options to choose from.

Our Ted Turner Expedition was one of the most amazing experiences. Our guide was so knowledgeable. We spent the day seeing bison and all the wildlife the ranch had to offer. We rode around in an open air vehicle which was fun!

We didn’t want to leave! Thank you Sierra Grande for a memorable trip. And thank you to Ted Turner and his staff for sharing the beauty of all their conservation efforts!! Can’t wait to tour the other ranches!

Reviewed 23 April 2018

While we did not overnight here, we did tour the property, including viewing a pet-friendly room. It looked nice enough, but do not think I would pay the big bucks. I would, however, definitely return as a booked walk-in to take a private mineral soak, followed by a massage. The therapist was excellent, and the spa was well appointed and spot-less, also with excellent and very friendly service, lovely surroundings and plenty of ice water, which one needs in the hot baths and after a treatment. Would definitely return.

Reviewed 15 April 2018

Stayed here April 8-11th to celebrate our 25th anniversary. We were happily surprised to see a little card on our pillows. <3 We had room 216 which was at the farthest end and very secluded. Most everyone is super sweet and friendly...especially Monica and Cheyenne! Enjoyed both the outdoor and indoor springs (which has jets) plus the facial massage and couples massage. Restaurant always had Great food and their continental breakfast was a select pick 2 off the breakfast menu ...we enjoyed the oatmeal with fruit/nuts, yogurt with granola, homemade cinnamon roll, and fruit bowl!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2018

Room was clean & comfortable but not upscale, ie: no sitting chair - 2 wood kitchen type chairs, bathtub/shower difficult to enter, toliet & facial tissue of the thinnest material. Restaurant has very good service and quality of food the best. Central location and hot tubs are excellent without the usual mineral smell.

Room tip: No elevator to upper floor, balcony is shared by multiple rooms.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2018

This hotel and spa was built in 1929 when the town was called Hot Springs, and the spa was a special attraction. Not a lot has changed; the rooms have been refurbished but retain a 1920s feel, and the spa is still the best thing about the place. You can relax in one of the four spa tubs filled with bubbling water that is full of minerals but free of sulphur and its odor. Or if you choose a smaller ground-floor room, you can have the spa water in a large tub in your room. Either way, it's a great soak!

The service was especially good and welcoming. We enjoyed our night there and would stay again.