All reviewshistoric lodgewonderful amenitieshot tubmorning breakfastmagical placecomfortable roomsking roomoatmealjoshuaapricotcontemplationcommunitylabyrinthspiritnmsnowgrounds
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

Secluded and quiet area. Rustic comfy and clean. Small but clean pool. Very friendly owners and staff. Lucious breakfast with homemade goodies. Small and didn't feel so hotel like. Really enjoyed our visit here, we will recommend it!! Thanks

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 5 July 2017

Carla,
Thank you for staying with us! We're so glad you enjoyed our cozy B&B and retreat center. Alice and Albina hand make the breakfast every morning, so we will let them know you enjoyed it. We hope you come back again soon and stay longer.
Best,
Roger
Owner
Blue Sky Retreat Center

Reviewed 29 June 2017

Albina and Roger - Blue Sky Retreat owners and their Manager, Margaret, were so easy to work with. They provided our group of media production staff with the best service. We had lots of requests (room changes, where to eat dinner, shipping items by FedEx or UPS, etc.) and they were very patient and accommodating. They always found a solution. Plus their energy and attitudes are so uplifting (they do yoga, spread kindness and other activities that keep their frequencies high.) I would like to go back and host or attend a yoga retreat there!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 5 July 2017

Dear Bethany,
Thank you for choosing Blue Sky Retreat. It was our pleasure to host you and your group. We hope you do come back and retreat with us. We have yoga and mindfulness based retreats year-round and host corporate and other groups as well. Come back and see us again soon.
Happy travels,
Roger
Owner
Blue Sky Retreat

Reviewed 26 June 2017

If I could give Blue Sky Retreat 10 starts I would. To make it easier I will list all the wonderful amenities and my my experience.

1) Don't let the website fool you. Blue Sky is a B& B for all. Not just yoga retreats.
2) Just a couple of minutes away from Taos' main square.
3) Several rooms for you to choose from. Our room had three beds, a fire place, a tv (they have a plethora of DVDs for customers to choose from). However, I don't know why you'd be watching movies in your hotel room....I noticed this was a negative on one review. But if you do need movies they have hundreds.
4) Very inviting pool and beautiful kept grounds.
5) Beautiful view.
6) Lovely staff who will get you anything you need.
7) Breakfast each morning was delicious.
8) The public rooms inside the main area are stunning.
9) I can't even explain how comfortable the beds and sheets were. It was like sleeping on a cloud. I really should have looked to see who makes their linens.
10) Fabulous water pressure in the shower.
11) Pet friendly. Call ahead just to tell them you are bringing dogs.
12) When we stayed there we had a celebrity sighting! Curtis Stoney, a celebrity chef and crew were filming in town. All stayed at Blue Sky. This speaks volumes of the customer service and the wonderful reputation the B&B has.

I would recommend Blue Sky for families, large groups, romantic getaway, events!

I can't think of one con during my experience. Blue Sky Retreat was truly lovely and our stay in Taos was par for the course because of our hotel experience.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 27 June 2017

Thank you Wendy!! Such kind words and we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. Please continue to visit and tell all of your friends and family :).

Reviewed 10 June 2017

I visited Blue Sky in May 2017. I knew it was a magical place when it started snowing - in May! Wow- It made me realize just what elevation I was living in. I'm a flat lander and unaccustomed to climate at 9,000 ft. It was great when the 32 degree temperature rose to a temperate 65 degrees and it became an entirely new experience. I love when a place can offer such dramatic changes to shift your perspective.

The owners Albina and Roger are such gracious hosts. Offering healthy meals, if you want them, and comfortable rooms. OOh the bed was amazingly comfortable. It was fantastic enjoying the hot tub under billions of stars, and it was clear enough for us to see the International Space Station make a pass overhead.

Taos is a quaint village that has lots of touristy thing to keep you occupied, if you like browsing and shopping. I preferred to find some hiking, which could prove difficult for a flatlander in such a high elevation. I wandered into the local outfitters and under their advise chose a nice flat walk along the banks of the Rio Grand River. I say along the banks but we were hundreds of feet above the river on the edge of the canyon. It was a great walk, easy to hike without passing out, and the big open views could really be appreciated from this vantage point.

I hope one day to return to Blue Sky and enjoy some more Yoga and Meditation in the fresh mountain air.

Room Tip: Rooms on the open balcony offer great view to the mountains.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 14 June 2017

Thank you for visiting us and imbuing your energy into our space. We hope that you come back and visit and keep sharing your wonderful experience with everyone you meet! :)

Reviewed 8 June 2017

We picked the hotel mostly because of pool which we wanted to relax after a day of
touring.we are happy of our choice even this is not an everybody's place.
As its name says it is more a" retreat" than a hotel.
The room we had was large and pleasant with a large terrace but the bathroom need a renovation.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 9 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and constructive feedback! We are glad that you chose to stay with us and enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you back, possibly for one of our retreats!