“Amazing Tacos and BBQ!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 4 October 2015

Such a cute little place, the history on the menu was very interesting, very old historical building. The chicken tacos that I had were incredibly delicious. My husband had the BBQ brisket, also delicious. The service was good, very friendly. Will definitely eat there again.

Reviewed 29 September 2015

Power shopping the plaza district of Taos when hunger hit. We followed our noses to the Alley Cantina. After ordering 2 delicious margaritas, my wife ordered 2 soft chicken tacos. Oooh, yummy is the only description I can give. I ordered BBQ ribs. I have eaten ribs in Wisconsin, Kansas City, San Antonio, but none have been as tasty as these. The meat was tender, the sauce just slightly sweet. Perfect! A 5 out of 5 in my book.

1  Thank hondo59
Reviewed 27 September 2015

Went at Happy Hour, glad it was that, due to the fact, I received the smallest Marguerita, I've ever seen. So 2 little ones for the same price as a bigger one was ok. Chips didn't taste very fresh, salsa was passable. Now for the good part. ordered the "coconut chicken fingers" and "coconut shrimp" Perfection. These were 4 of the largest shrimp we've ever eaten anywhere. Perfectly, cooked, served with mango/ginger sauce. Chicken was 6 small but tasty strips, also with the mango/ginger sauce.

Reviewed 27 September 2015 via mobile

We ate here during memorial weekend and it was great! Relaxed atmosphere. I had the carne adovado and it was so good.

Reviewed 25 September 2015 via mobile

After crossing the Gorge and taking in the Millicent Rogers Museum, we were looking for a little refreshment before embarking on the trip back to Santa Fe and we discovered this landmark. Delicious house margaritas and home made chips, guacamole and salsa hit the spot. The history behind the building was charming. Would definitely recommend this spot to anyone visiting Taos.

1  Thank drdobg