“Second bite of Rueben just as good.”

Bent Street Deli & Cafe
Ranked #12 of 131 Restaurants in Taos
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 17
Cuisines: Deli, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

I like to wait until I have been to a spot twice before writing a review. My first was just a couple weeks ago. I ordered a Rueben and enjoyed it very much. The chips were corn. "This is the southwest after all", my wife reminds me. So the second time I visited I had them leave them off and my side of potato salad was larger! The first waiter had hinted but I failed to get his prompt when he asked if with the salad did I still want the chips. Sandwich was great both times. Ambiance was nice with the option to eat on the patio or inside street side watching walkers hustle always increases my appetite. Try to leave room for dessert!

Reviewed 19 September 2016

We were walking around historic Taos and happened upon this popular place at lunchtime. There was some confusion with the wait staff--who was going to tell us the specials, who was going to refill our drinks, etc. but they were friendly. Food was good.

Reviewed 16 September 2016 via mobile

Stopped for lunch after visiting Taos Pueblo. Little side street off the main drag. Easy to find a parking meter. Ate on the shaded patio. Very nice. All 6 of ordered sandwiches. Turkey rueben not on menu but kitchen accommodated request. Excellent. Friend and I shared a tuna melt and chicken salad sandwich. Both excellent. Came with tortilla chips and pickle. Friends liked the key lime pie. Reasonably priced. Fast friendly service. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 16 September 2016

We stopped here for lunch while roaming Old Town. It seemed like a popular place from the crowd, and we enjoyed being seated at an outside table. The food was good - but it was not quite as fresh or inventive as we had hoped. My wrap was made with a commercial tortilla that was not particularly fresh. But this is still a good choice for a quick lunch in the tourist zone.

Reviewed 15 September 2016

Not too bad, despite a clueless waitstaff. Some were convinced a late breakfast could be had, others adamantly sure you could not. I enjoyed a turkey & chutney sandwich on decent bread.