“Delicious!”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

We had a small family gathering in Taos, and came across Casa de Valdez. We stopped in for dinner on a Saturday night, and all nine of us left happy with our meals. Chile rellenos were fantastic according to my husband and mother; he cleaned his plate. 2 of us had the grilled shrimp skewers, which were also wonderful. My brother had the combination plate, and was not disappointed. My sister had the chicken burrito and couldn't finish it. We also ordered the nachos (super yummy) and the triple dip and chips (salsa, guac and queso). We had to get more queso as everyone loved it.

The only callout was the service was a little slower than I would have expected, but not to the point of frustration. Not sure if they were short someone.

My husband and I are in the area for a couple more weeks, and we will be back.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

When I am Jonesing for some good old barbeque I go to Casa de Valdez. But, now I have ordered a New York strip and I will be in a dilemma when I go there each time. My wife had the shrimp skewers and they were fantastic. The place is charming and usually has people who are glad to be there. Families eating and laughing together are common. This was my forth time to visit but my wife's first. It definitely on our favorites short list.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

This is on the up scale side for Mexican dinner and it is really really good. I had the combo and he had the chicken enchiladas with no sauce . We both really enjoyed our meals and staff very friendly. Give them a try.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Casa de Valdez is one of the restaurants we frequent when I'm too tired to cook! The restaurant is very clean, generally not overly crowded, and the food is well prepared. The fare is New Mexican and barbecue is available also. My smoked chicken breast was tender, moist, and the smokiness was just right for m;y taste.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

We were looking for a place for dinner and went all the way through town. We thought we were out of options and we spotted bbq pit sign. My husband loves smoked ribs so we gave it a chance. The ribs did not disappoint and my husband is an expert on ribs. I had a sirloin steak which was exceptional. They have a balanced menu and also Mexican dishes of course. Comfortable seating which we appreciate. Helpful and courteous waitstaff. We shall be back.

1  Thank Mona G