“Superb Stay”
other travellers have booked this property
Master Bedroom Composite View into Entry and Living Area
Master Bath Shower
Nicho over fireplace
Dining Area
Backyard, hot tub and peek of Taos Mountain
Backyard walkway to hot tub, outdoor shower and deck
Deck, outdoor fireplace and ancient apple tree
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

ScottStPe...
st pete, florida
“Superb Stay”
Reviewed 16 February 2013 for a stay in February 2013

Casa Betita is a superb choice for your stay in Taos. The home is not only spacious, beautifully appointed, but is also extremely comfortable. Here are some highlights and notes:

-Many rentals are poorly equipped with the essentials (spices, coffee, cookware, etc) -- The great thing about Casa Betita is that all of the basics are provided so that you can just shop for your primary items and the rest is provided;
-Bedding is really important to me -- I work for a global Luxury Hotel company -- and I slept perfectly on the excellent mattress, great linens, and plush pillows;
-Taos can get chilly at night -- especially given that I visited in February! -- There was a great supply of firewood and 2 wood burning fireplaces that made the stay warm, cozy, and romantic (not to mention radiant floor heating that kept everything at a perfect temp);
-Privacy is really important to me -- I like to have lots of light -- with all curtains/shades open -- and yet feel that there is complete privacy -- this property delivered on that flawlessly;
-Do however be careful on directions -- the owner provided them and they are absolutely required -- GPS will lead you astray to get to the property;
-The home is filled with great art, neat nooks to relax and read a book, and a really high end spa tub with multiple jet settings -- so there are many places to relax and enjoy your vacation;
-Location is not walking distance to the Plaza -- but a very short drive -- and there are good restaurants and other attractions very close by;
-Baths are also important to me -- they were spacious, had great walk-in showers, and the master bath had a huge deep-soaking tub -- very nice.

My overall experience was excellent -- the owner was really nice about setting things up -- and I highly recommend Casa Betita for your visit to Taos.

Liked best: Privacy and Quality
Liked least: Water Pressure
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
9 Nov 2015
Just a note: Since this guest stayed I have created a walking map to the Plaza for guests. It is in fact walk-able just better if you know the back route. I walk to the Farmers Market all the time during the season. A pleasant 15 mins. Other than that everything he says in this review is 100% True! :)
Ramona M
Woodland Park, Colorado
“Love, Love, Love Casa Betita”
Reviewed 2 January 2013 for a stay in August 2012

We have stayed at Casa Betita twice now, and plan on going back at least once a year! The photos don't do it justice, it's much more beautiful and secluded than what shows.

One of the things that is most important to me is privacy. Lots of times I've been disappointed when I get to a location and find the pictures were deceiving. Casa Betita is totally private, fully stocked and very Clean.

There are apply trees out back and we even picked some apples and made a homemade apple pie on our last visit.

I love the organic hand soaps and sprays they provide. So much so, that when I got home, I ordered some for my own home. Casa Betita is decorated like a real home, not some cheap old used furniture, but lovely things you would find in your own home.

I don't think its really close enough to walk to town unless there is a short cut, but close enough for a very short drive.

My only suggestion is I wish they would take out the trundle bed in the second bedroom and put in a double bed. We have fallen through trying to sleep two adults in it. Its great for children however.

The two fireplaces are fantastic, and the one in the master bedroom is so romantic. Also the Hot Tub is very clean, and very relaxing. I absolutely love this place and highly recommend it!.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Privacy, fireplaces and hot tub
Liked least: Trundle Bed
Travelling group: Friends
2 Jan 2013
Re: The trundle bed; I realized after this review that the way to make the bed super comfortable was not obvious to my guests. Now there are directions pointing you to the thing I purchased which ties the beds together (and official thing from Brookstone or one of those places) and the feather bed which goes on top of that.

When I had one bed, people wanted twins, so this is the compromise and if you know what to do it is comfy and works really well. I've slept on it myself. Also this layout leaves more room in the room when only one couple or 3 people are staying. It just is more flexible for different configurations of guests.I promise you will like it better when you return Ramona!
Kendall S
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
“AMAZING VACATION HOME!!!”
Reviewed 1 January 2013 for a stay in November 2012

Our family LOVED our week long stay at Casa Betita! Taos is one of our favorite destinations and this was by far THE BEST home we have ever rented! It was cozy & comfortable and so well appointed with every amenity we could have ever wanted. The yard was fun for our boys and it was so private, being completely fenced. We love to cook and the kitchen had everything we could have ever needed! The location of this home is so convenient...close to everything! We can't wait to go back!

Liked best: Privacy of location
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Laramie_E...
laramie, ey
“This House! I Saw the Figure Five in Gold!”
Reviewed 1 January 2013 for a stay in May 2012

Casa Betita is a lovley house. It's both elegant and cozy. We loved sitting in the deep window seats and reading and watching the fire in the kiva fireplace. We also loved sitting on the porch watching the old trees in the wind. The kitchen is fully stocked with everything you need and the bed is just about the most wonderful bed we've slept in. I also loved the bath-tub. (A deep-ish soaking tub.)

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
TX
Reviewed 5 September 2012 for a stay in June 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway
5 Sep 2012
Laughing that you think the art is strange. The house has art from noted Southwestern artists most of them local, most of them award-winning, including Carole LaRoche, Taos Pueblo sculptor John Suazos, Santa Clara Pueblo Sculptor Roxanne Swentzel - Marcia Oliver and Amy Cordova, Painters, Pattie Traynor, Doug Yeager, Geraint Smith, Robbie Steinbach, Margaret Randall Photographers among others. Also gorgeous Acoma Pots and vintage Navajo Rugs. All in the eyes of the beholder - art
is.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing