“Will always eat here when in Taos!”
Review of La Cueva Cafe

La Cueva Cafe
Ranked #7 of 134 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 12 May 2018

I can't believe I hadn't tried this place on previous trips to Taos. Well, I've rectified that now. I had lunch here in November, 2017 and really enjoyed it. The place is SMALL but I came early at 11:15am and beat the crowds, being seated right away. (When I left, the line from the door on the side of the restaurant went out to the street!) They do have outdoor seating, but it was cool that day!

I ended up choosing one of the specials, Chicken Fajitas with Mole. Very, very good. So having proved themselves to me, I ordered Flan for dessert. Also, excellent. Looking forward to exploring their menu in the future.

Keith

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

The guacamole was wonderful, but the chicken mole fajitas were terrific. The portion size is generous, so we couldn’t eat quite all of our entrees. Sadly I had no room for flan, which I expect would also have been authentic and delicious. We hope to return again during this visit to Taos, it was so good!

Reviewed 10 May 2018

Don't let looks fool you, this is an older classical adobe structure, with personality and good basic New Mexico food - love it in the warm season- try the seafood enchiladas, good flan and other non traditional foods for the kids. Easy to walk to in the hub of Taos activity. Dogs welcome on the patio area, as well as they are well behaved-- a Taos tradition. Go and enjoy - now serving beer and wine.

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Good seafood enchiladas! Tiny restaurant that also has outside seating. Good food great margarita. Service was exceptional.

Reviewed 6 May 2018

Recommended by several locals. Try the Chile Relleno. Delicious. Even the chips and salsa was great. Staff is friendly and helpful. Close to the Plaza, but easy to miss.