“authentic!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 26 November 2015

Great authentic New Mexican food, a local favorite. Delicious sopapillas, senior\kids menu. Red and green chili just the way I like it!

Reviewed 18 November 2015

The tourist center recommended this restaurant (and we were probably the only tourists in there)! Great lunch and didn't have to wait long! One of our party had the Menudo with Posole and others had Tamales, Enchiladas and Taco plates. All were really delicious as were the Sopaipillas!

Reviewed 10 November 2015 via mobile

I would have never guessed this place would be so great. We were visiting Taos and were told by a young man at the grocery store that El Taoseno was the place for the best authentic New Mexican food. He did not lead us astray! Local place, not the best atmosphere, however the food is incredible. If you are visiting Taos go to El Taoseno!

Reviewed 26 October 2015 via mobile

This restaurant has been around for ages and frequented heavily by locals. NM fare is just good vittles served promptly, in large quantities and on a hot plate. Supposedly it has been renovated but didn't look any different than it did over ten years ago. Good, basic dining establishment that brings locals and tourist coming back for more.

Reviewed 23 October 2015

This is a GREAT find! I have been eating here every time I visit Taos...and I go mainly for the breakfasts! The breakfast burrito is amazing...both in taste and in size! Portions are great and the service is tight. Recently, I had the enchilada trio...a beef one, chicken and cheese. Excellent! I also has a cup of the green chili stew, and wished I ordered a bowl. At first it appeared as a thin, chicken stock based soup...but it was filled with green chili and veggies. Spicy! But extremely delicious! I highly recommend eating here...