“Amazing corn muffins”

Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 27 April 2017

Lovely restaurant with friendly staff and good food. What more can you want? Trout was delicious but highlight was homemade blue corn and corn muffins with gourmet butters. As I was solo, they offered to pack the two muffins I'd left. Definitely too good to leave. Service very efficient, almost too fast. Good wines by the glass.

Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

This restaurant had been mentioned in a review for accommodation we stayed at in Taos. We made a booking a few days ahead which is recommended as it was busy on the Sunday night. The restaurant itself is not very big, seats around 40 and there is outside seating also, although it would be a little cool at this time of year at night. They do have a fire outside and rugs for guests who want to sit there. I ordered asparagus with egg and bacon and my husband had the quesadillas for entree, lamb shank with beans and spicy sauce for my husband and I had the gnocchi with seasonal green vegetables and goats cheese which I must say was absolutely delicious. For sweets we shared a panna cotta with raspberry coulis. We ordered a Californian Chardonnay which was very nice. The atmosphere and meal were very enjoyable and the service was exceptional. We had a great night out.

Reviewed 23 April 2017

The Love Apple was my favorite restaurant we ate at during our week in New Mexico. The food was excellent and the atmosphere very romantic. We loved it!

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

We had not made plans for dinner for our one night in Taos and were very fortunate to get an early dinner reservation at Love Apple! The old church setting is lovely, the food is fresh and dishes have great combinations of flavors, and the atomspheee is family friendly yet upscale. We split the corn muffins (the butters were amazing), the spinach soup, the trout, the tamale, and another main dishes between the three of us and were pleasantly but not overly full. The desserts sounded so good though that we did order the panne cotta which was amazingly good!

1  Thank Heather H
Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

As a person with multiple food allergies & intolerances I approach most restaurants with a degree of caution. We were a multi-generational family party of 7 people (many of us with unique food issues), and everyone from age 4 ½ to 70 ½ found something delicious and satisfying on the menu. The food reflects modern New Mexico and the setting, in an old chapel, adds ambiance. And quiet enough to talk and listen to each easily. Even across a large table group. Recommended.