We stayed here for 3 nights at the end of December and had a lot of fun. We booked the 'La Luz' room because of the amazing price, and I would definitely go back there. There are a lot of stairs (made worse by the altitude!) but there's a cute little couch, coffee table, and desk, as well as a full bed, fridge, and microwave. Bathroom is average sized and very clean. The big problem with this room, though, is that there's no door! At the top of the stairs are essentially large shutters: this means that you can hear everything below (and everyone below can hear you), and also that if people decide to take a little trip up the stairs they can see into the room. We had to tell people we were up there 3 times in as many days. This problem could be solved by a sign on the staircase and we suggested that when we left. I would still stay in this room again due to the price, but you should know that there's definitely a lack of privacy.
The inn itself was lovely. Great location in the center of town, cozy interior, and good breakfast, as well as friendly staff!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delight in the ambience of our quaint and colorful adobe inn. Our rooms are richly decorated in the Taos tradition and feature a large collection of fine art, Native American and Spanish antiques.Located in the heart of the historic downtown area, just a few steps off the old plaza. Recommended by The New York Times and USA Today. Featured on The Travel Channel series "Romantic Inns Of America". "The Essence of Old Taos". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your La Dona Luz Inn, An Historic Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Dona Luz Inn, An Historic Hotel Taos
- La Dona Luz Inn, An Historic Bed And Breakfast