We stayed at Serondella for two nights which was not nearly enough. Although we saw all the animals we wanted, we could not get enough of the wonderful atmosphere which permeates this superb place. David and Kelly make terrific hosts - David, with the help of his tracker Mpho, is extremely knowledgeable and his ability to locate the various species is incredible. We really knew we were on safari as dense undergrowth was no deterrent, it was just chopped down and we all had to duck under the low hanging branches which added to the fun. Kelly has a great sense of humour and makes you feel very welcome, as do the rest of the staff. Sundowners out in the bush with these guys is something else.
The food was excellent, and the opportunity to join with the other guests for meals was lovely and made for lively conversations. When not on safari, just sitting watching one of the watering holes waiting for something to creep into view as in itself, exciting.
We had the use of the three bedroomed/bathroomed lodge for just the two of us, with a bath overlooking the bush. It was magic. We definitely did not want to leave but certainly want to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Serondella Game Lodge, Thornybush Game Reserve, is a four star superior lodge set in the heart of the African bushveld. Offering fantastic big 5 game viewing, exquisite African cuisine and personalized service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Serondella Game Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Serondella Game Hotel Thornybush Private Game Reserve
- Serondella Game Lodge Thornybush Private Game Reserve, South Africa