12 people are viewing this hotel
$1,048
Hotels.com$1,048
Expedia.com$1,048
Agoda.com$1,075
All reviews southern camp game drives safari experience the reserve private pool high tea bush walk south africa african bush hoedspruit airport highlight of our trip amazing experience every meal our honeymoon his job blown away the entire experience
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 November 2022

The staff and management at Kalama always seem to happy to help in any way. When we arrived, the room had a king bed and we were supposed to have a twin. We ask the manager on our way to dinner if it could be switched out the next day as we deal with it for the night. She assured us it would be taken care of right away. It was done by the time dinner was over! Wow! We just left a resort that took 3 requests to get something done. Also, when my sister got sick, the waiter prepared a lunch plate that I could take back to the room to her since she couldn’t join us in the dinning area. Our game driver, Jabu, and scout, Adolf, too were very over the top with knowledge and jokes and finding the Big Five for us. This resort, of the 3 I’ve stayed at, was the absolute best! There isn’t anything I can think that they could have done better. The people, the lodging, the food, the service, all top notch!!!! Thank you Kalama for making our trip so fantastic.

Date of stay: November 2022
Reviewed 22 October 2022

My partner and I wanted a getaway that was value for money with good game viewing. Kapama is the place. We are returning guests and truly could not recommend it more. We had the best ranger and the food is to die for.

Reviewed 21 October 2022 via mobile

Absolutely stunning experience period words cannot even begin to describe how happy my wife and I were with the choice of this vacation destination. The service was absolutely top-notch, the food was excellent, the resort cleanliness and design leave nothing to be desired. We had the intermediate size cabin which was perfectly sufficient for our needs for a family they have larger cabins which were truly magnificent. The guides, drivers, and trackers were The best, and all the animals on our bucket list or able to be seen. In particular, shout outs to Sarina and Accolate!

Room tip: December through February or the rainy seasons, and when the grass grows it will probably be difficult to see the wildlife as well.
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2022

Wonderful location and fantastic staff. Game drives were so good and we saw the Big Five but so much more too. Room was perfect and catering was superb with great effort to accommodate our dietary needs. Very highly recommended and hope we can visit again

Reviewed 15 October 2022

My wife and I just returned from a fabulous four night stay at this wonderful lodge. Upon arrival at Hoedspruit Airport we were met by Priscilla who was to our ranger for the length of our stay. She was very courteous and professional and made us feel at home right away. Our drive to the lodge took about half and hour during which time we saw numerous wildlife.

Once at the lodge we were met with a cool towel and a drink and shown to our room which consisted of a large bedroom and a separate large bath. We were told that our first drive would be at 4:30pm and to meet at the bar for high tea which consisted of appetizers and any type of drink you would care for.

After tea we went out for our first drive along with our tracker, Kenneth which was very memorable as we spotted two male lions and a female with her pride which consisted of about 8 cubs. We also were able to see a leopard guarding its kill in a tree. That evening we also saw various giraffe, zebra, impala, kudu, warthogs, buffalo, nyala and waterbuck. We stopped while in the bush and Pricilla and Kenneth set up a table and the offered us a drink and various snacks. We returned that night and they had a boma ( barbeque) under the stars during which time the staff performed traditional African songs and dances. The food provided was very good and plentiful.

The next morning we received a wake up call at 5:00am and we met in the dinning area where coffee, tea, fruit and a light breakfast was provided. At 6:00am we went out again on safari. That morning we were fortunate again to have another leopard walk out of the bush in front of our vehicle. We again saw lions, giraffes, dazzle of zebras, Rhino, elephants, water buffalo, African buffalo along with many of the animals listed above and then some so in the first two drives we had seen the BIG FIVE. Over the course of our remaining time we had the opportunity to see Hippos, crocodiles, Jackals, mongoose and many of the other animals listed above.

I must say that our ranger, Priscilla and our tracker were great and we were thankful that we had such compassionate professionals as they got us up close to the animals but respected their place. They met and exceeded our expectations.

I would be remiss if I did not mention our waitress, Precious who could never do enough for us and was concerned that we could not eat at all the meals provided as it was just too much. The bartender, Respect and his waiter friend, Sam were great and we enjoyed speaking with them. All of the staff we encountered were very nice.

Also of note one of the days we were there was my wife birthday and they surprised her with a cake and also performed a song ands dance routine in her honor and ended with them all singing happy birthday to my wife which made her day very special.

In closing I would recommend Kapama to anyone as it is truly a great experience.

Room tip: Just go
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple