3 people are viewing this hotel
$928
Travelocity$933
Hotels.com$933
Trip.com$1,024
All reviews southern camp game drives safari experience the reserve private pool high tea bush walk south africa african bush morning drive hoedspruit airport highlight of our trip amazing experience every meal his job our honeymoon the entire experience
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 September 2016

We stayed at Kapama Southern two weeks ago and it exceeded our expectations in all respects. The accommodations were beyond what we imagined and the staff was all very attentive and friendly. Our guide, PJ, and our tracker, Kevin, both worked very hard to find all the game we wanted to see. I can say without qualification that this was one of the best experiences I have had in all my travels.

Room tip: Book a luxury suite if you can, it is worth the additional cost.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2016

My children and I spent 4 nights at Kapama, and we loved every moment! The staff is wonderfully inviting and willing to help with anything you may need. We had a Family Luxury Suite, and it was gorgeous. The master bathroom was indulgent for sure! You had the option to shower in nature, as well as in the room or soak in a deep tub. They provided luxury bath amenities and bath salts. The double sided fire place was great in the evenings. There was a splash pool right outside our french doors. We visited during winter, so it was too cold for us to use, even though the kiddos tried! The staff always made sure there was plenty of water in the room for us each day, to stay hydrated. Each game drive was better than the next, we were able to see all of the big five and many more animals as well. Our guide and tracker were very knowledgeable and able to answer all of the questions the kiddos and I had. They even provided a snack, drink and small candy to the kids halfway through each drive. I was very spoiled to enjoy a "sundowner" each evening that was prepared by my tracker. The guide packs a cooler with assorted beers, wines and liquors for each drive. They also bring a small assortment of local snacks. The billtong that they had one evening was addictive! On the evening drives, they would prepare hot water bottles for us to place on our laps with our blankets to help keep the chill away. Once we returned to camp each evening, we dined outside with our guide. I have to say the food was delicious, there was not one thing I did not like. They offered my children a kids menu to choose from for lunches and dinners. They started off by ordering a kid friendly meal, but by the second day they too were enjoying all of the tasty dishes. They were able to try many new foods, kudu, ostrich, pop, lamb, etc. It was wonderful that they had so many choices when it came to each and every meal. One of my favorite parts of each evening, was when the kitchen staff and servers would gather together and sing a song in the local language. It was so special to witness this and take it all in. The smiles on their faces as they shared this small part of their culture with us, said it all. The kindness that I witnessed from every member of their staff was unbelievable. They were so patient with my two kiddos and all of the questions they had! The Family Luxury Suites have wifi, otherwise, you are able to access the wifi in the library area or reception areas only. Kapama does not disappoint!

Room tip: The Family Luxury Suites are great for familes
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank catherinecK4593VL
Reviewed 24 August 2016

You simply have to go! My husband and I took our 14 year old daughter and 16 year old son to Southern Camp, where we felt totally spoilt and well looked after. We all looked forward to the wonderful safari trips with Albert and Ischmel - they made the safaris fun and informative - we felt safe at all times too.
The accommodation was spacious and clean and the food was first class. Our waitress, Innocence, always greeted us with a smile.
There really was nothing to fault and we can't wait to visit again.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Great place to see the wild animals. Really great guides and friendly staff. The meals are really delicious. At the breakfast you get all the American and European meals. The dinner is served at the campfire. You eat with your guide. So you have the chance to get the know about the animals, camp or South Africa! We had a family suite and it was really nice. A lot of space and a great bed and bath. I will come back again!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

Every staff member of the Kapama Southern Camp provides excellent service in whichever role they have to ensure one has a memorable safari experience. From the ranger who takes you on the safari to the waiter who looks after you at meal times~ there is a warm and energetic passion towards their work.We spotted four of the big five during our two day stay along with other animals and birds.There were lovely bonfire dinners and afternoon teas.Rooms were lovely,large and extremely comfortable. An unforgettable experience!

Trip type: Travelled with family