About 1min from East Gate Airport in Hoedspruit. The infrastructure is impecable. The hotel is very well rustic style decorated, charming and gives you the local African feeling. There is a public pool and a second one at the spa, but you need to take a massage to access it. The rooms are very comfortable and large, and it has a bathtub facing the savanna. Friendly staff and very nice service at all times. Great food, specially breakfast. Awesome game drives, very well prepared rangers and a lot of animals, despite the fact that the reserve is all fenced and isn't connected to Kruger Park. We saw no cheetahs and leopards at Kapama (saw all of them inside Kruger Park) but all the others many times. Kapama River Lodge is an excellent choice, but I strongly recommend that you diversify your experience and stay for a few days in a rest camp or lodge inside the Kruger Park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kapama River Lodge is situated within Kapama Game Reserve, and presents the perfect blend between luxurious safari accommodation and a generous bed capacity of 64 bedrooms. Although large, it is so stylish, roomy and beautifully positioned along a dry riverbed, that guests fall in love with it. Each spacious room at Kapama River Lodge features a full en-suite bathroom and terrace with uninterrupted views into the leafy-green Big 5 game reserve. The central guest entertainment areas include a large rim-flow swimming pool with sun umbrellas and recliners for lazy afternoons. The long L-shaped relaxation lounge and bar under a double-volume thatch, curves around the pool and on either side is a huge double-sided fireplace creating a wondrous open-plan yet cosy atmosphere. The Rhino Boma dining area with tables arranged under a low thatch in a horseshoe curve, has a central open space where a roaring outdoor fire gives a glow to evening meals. Buffet-style meals introduce African flavours with Pan African dishes using fresh local ingredients and specialist dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Kapama River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kapama River Hotel Kapama Private Game Reserve
- Kapama River Lodge Kruger National Park, South Africa