“Met all my hopes and expectations”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Idube Game Reserve Lodge
Reviewed 17 August 2011

I was in Africa for a month of work, needing to span the continent from Ghana to Uganda to Mozambique. I had three days between completing work in Uganda and presenting a paper in Mozambique, so I chose to take a three-day break - and birthday present to myself - by going to the Kruger, ZA area. As I scanned various lodges on websites, I found Idube was one of the more reasonable private lodges bordering Kruger, so I decided to try it out.

I could not have been happier. The managers and trackers were like immediate friends. In spite of traveling alone, I felt a warm welcome from staff and other guest. I actually ended up with one day as the sole guest, as others ended up with a delay in their flights. At that time, the trackers asked me what I wanted to find and completely catered to my interests. They were knowledgeable and experienced guides, and I learned so much.

At the lodge, there were constant visitors of nyala, baboons, warthogs, and vervit monkey to keep us entertained. We saw the big 5 and so much more. I hope to return with my son in the near future.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 22 May 2011

Idube was a wonderful place. Nice facility, friendly courteous staff, excellent food and great game viewing. The Ranger (Andre) and his guide were terrific. They really knew the animals, plants and environment.

Room Tip: There is no such thing as a bad room at this plac.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank happycamper3995
Reviewed 26 April 2011

We spent four days and nights at Idube, arranged through Jensen Safaris out of Pretoria. The food was absolutely top notch, the staff was incredible, and accommodations were first rate. Ten-passenger open Land Rover bush vehicles took us twice daily out into the Sabi Sands Game Reserve, where we saw every animal we ever associated with Africa. Our driver, Andreis, was very knowledgeable, and our tracker, Titus, was great, too. The lodge is comprised of several individual buildings, each with just two bedrooms, and was extremely comfortable. Without question, this was the BEST family vacation we have ever had. Our kids will be talking about this one for decades to come.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 March 2011

My husband and I planned a trip to Africa for our honeymoon. This was our first stop and what an amazing way to start the trip. The staff was very welcoming and personal. We had Andres as our guide and he was very knowledgeable about the bush and all the animals. The chef was amazing and we have tried to replicate different items such as the omelets since returning home with no luck.

The first night drive we did we saw a rhino and lion briefly claim territory. We also saw 2 cubs with their mom and then listened and watched a lion roar. We saw giraffes, rhinos and elephants. We had seen the big 5 during our first two drives. The drives were unbelievable! We never imagined witnessing the animals we saw and watching them live their lives. I could go on describing everything we saw, but words truly can not describe the experience that Idube provided us.

The minor suggestion I would have for Idube is having different families and groups join the rides. We had Andres the entire 4 nights we were there, but when people arrived or left they joined the same vehicle.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2010

I stayed in Idube for 2 nights just after my arrival in ZA and was extremely positively amazed. I took a charter fight from JHB airport, was picked up at the sand strip and within 15 minutes in the Lodge. Fresh cool drinks, care taking people, lots of information.
I was afraid, as I traveled alone, that it could be boring. Idube is far away from that. Everybody shares one table and its very easy to communicate with all other guests and get into contact. Go there, you cannot be disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple