“Bad rooms”
Review of Western Inn

Western Inn
Ranked #22 of 22 Hotels in Roswell
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

Half the rooms have no windows. Bathroom a dyi project that went horribly wrong. Tub cracked and sepatating. Tv kept cutting out. Ice machine did not work. Breakfast is a joke. Cheerios and a honey bun.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 April 2015 via mobile

I did a credit card authorization for a room for someone for 1 nite stay. The motel charged my card 3 different times ( amount of $560.00 total) and when I called all they said you need to talk to your son. I am turning them into the business bureau. I would not even let my pets stay there.

Stayed: April 2015
4  Thank Dave A
Reviewed 24 October 2014

I wish I had not been taken in by how adorable and well maintained the outside was and had looked inside a room first. I should have questioned the low priced room, but the outside was so nice and the other travelers already checked in and milling about looked good. But I will not make this mistake again. I am sure some won't mind the stale smoke in the non smoking room. Some may not mind the horribly stained carpet that probably accounts for some of the stale air. The bathroom seemed very clean, as did the sheets, but it was so hard to get past the incredibly horrible stained carpet and chairs, I actually wiped down the whole place with hand wipes and I have never stayed in place where I felt I HAD to do that. I really hope the owners take some of the money they spend on the outside and make the inside more appropriate. It felt like a bait and switch.

Room Tip: Just take a look at any room before you pay, they all look great on the outside
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank jackie049
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I like place to stay. It has friendly Aliens to have photo taken with family. Kids enjoyed all shots taken and its across I HOP that makes perfect place for us to eat at night and sleep and eat in morning.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I want to start with I have never written a bad review. But to be frank I have no idea how this place still exists.
Where do I start, as you walk into the room there was just this foul stench of stale smoke and considering the rooms say no smoking you find it kinda odd. I then went to reception and asked for a different room which they happily obliged too. As we walked into the next room the smell isn't as bad so we decide to just suck it up and spend the night. Then we noticed the rest, the bed sheets had all sorts stains on them, the towels also. The floor was filthy to the point there was tortilla chips on the floor that you were walking on, looking under the bed was a big mistake as I found bottle tops and a scratch card to name a couple of trash items. There was a deceased cockroach in the corner (if it was alive you kinda say it happens no biggy, but to be dead and not vacuumed raised my eyebrows) I was grateful for the fact we are travelling and had sleeping bags with us as they were definitely used. The shower tap leaked all night, I dont believe with the stains that were around the rim of the toilet that it had ever seen a toilet brush or bleach in its life. On a positive note they had a fridge and microwave but to say they had a tv would be more or less lying as the picture was completely static. It just needs to be closed down it truely does.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple