“Please Stay Away!!!!!”
Review of Western Inn

Western Inn
Ranked #22 of 22 Hotels in Roswell
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I want to start with I have never written a bad review. But to be frank I have no idea how this place still exists.
Where do I start, as you walk into the room there was just this foul stench of stale smoke and considering the rooms say no smoking you find it kinda odd. I then went to reception and asked for a different room which they happily obliged too. As we walked into the next room the smell isn't as bad so we decide to just suck it up and spend the night. Then we noticed the rest, the bed sheets had all sorts stains on them, the towels also. The floor was filthy to the point there was tortilla chips on the floor that you were walking on, looking under the bed was a big mistake as I found bottle tops and a scratch card to name a couple of trash items. There was a deceased cockroach in the corner (if it was alive you kinda say it happens no biggy, but to be dead and not vacuumed raised my eyebrows) I was grateful for the fact we are travelling and had sleeping bags with us as they were definitely used. The shower tap leaked all night, I dont believe with the stains that were around the rim of the toilet that it had ever seen a toilet brush or bleach in its life. On a positive note they had a fridge and microwave but to say they had a tv would be more or less lying as the picture was completely static. It just needs to be closed down it truely does.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank TravellingPiglets
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Where do I even start? The door had been kicked in at some point, so there were chunks of wall falling away from the lock, so the lock on the door would wiggle and POP OPEN (pic); the towels looked like they hadn't been washed; The "desk" in the room was so big you couldn't open the closet (pic); the toilet wouldn't flush, as in the pipes were clogged... every time; crackheads that appeared to live there; there were bugs coming out of the windowsill (pic); the phones were from a Best Western and had the logo crossed out with pen; the electric outlets were all being used by lamps and fridge, etc.; graffiti on the bathroom wall... man, this place was a NIGHTMARE. The front office staff was rude, and barely spoke English. Let me be clear on this, we are comedians, and often room are provided for free as part of a show, which was the case for this hotel. We didn't pay for this room and considered going somewhere and paying out of pocket for it, but I pulled the short straw so we stayed. I wouldn't recommend this hotel unless you were completely broke and had no other choice. How ANYONE could recommend this place stuns me; I'd question ANY positive review as questionable and somehow tied to the owner.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank Project HIghway C
Reviewed 31 October 2013

On our stay we had booked online so we were unable to see the Motel before we got there..

The outside was run down and dirty, we chanced it and took the room anyway, we should have left when we could. The room was very dirty, the sheets and pillows smelled of smoke, the shower and tub were extremely dirty and nasty, I volunteer at a homeless shelter and there showers were cleaning then these ones.

We stayed the night and cancelled the second night, we would rather slept in a sleeping bag in the parking lot.

Do yourself a favor and don't rent a room at the Western Inn! I read the positive reviews here and they must be planted by the owners, beware!

Room Tip: Do not stay at the Western Inn! Anywhere else will be better.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Mikes41360958
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We decided to stay at the Western Hotel, because it was not only pet friendly but because of the awesome Cowboy alien in front of the hotel. The attendant seemed very nice, but once the sun went down things started to get a little "interesting" if you know what I mean.

The guests next to us started fighting, and wigging out about something. I guess they weren't too happy we decided to stay there for the night, something about messing up their business. I'm assuming it had to do with his meth business or something.

Not to mention the blocked door in our room. The curiosity got the best of us, so we opened it. I immediately got a creeped out feeling - nothing was in there, just some kind of weird stain on the carpet. We immediately closed the door and moved the table back in front of it. The shower had a gaping hole in the floor so you had to be careful not get your heel caught. The Wi-Fi was basically ineffective, because we were on the opposite side - far from the office.

What a crazy night. I have to say this was definitely a strange experience in a strange place.

On the upside, I'm glad to have had the experience. Would I stay here again? I can't say for sure, but hey! Maybe I would! ;)

Room Tip: If you need wifi - request a room closest to the office. Also be prepared for angry druggies right...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BittercupFlower
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Of course when I say "Sweet" in the title, I'm not meaning what you may think I mean.

I mean...Ahhhh sweet...this is the true Americana roadside motel I've heard about and now I feel I am a true initiate into the club.

The club of those who have stayed at, and survived, the horror that is out there.

Once we passed the group of beer swilling Mexican laborers outside our room, we were greeted by a somewhat worn, albeit comfy, looking room.

It was moldy, it was stained, it was dirty...but it was a true "experience" for us, so we dove right in.

It wasn't until we settled in and realized the front door didn't lock that we thought...maybe this wasn't a good idea.

And when the AC went out in the middle of the night we sweatily held each other for dear life until the sun rose in the morning and the laborers left.

It was a trip...and in retrospect a little "too real" or us.

We don't recommend this place for anyone living.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple