“Strange Hotel, but even stranger guests”
Review of Western Inn

Western Inn
Ranked #22 of 22 Hotels in Roswell
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We decided to stay at the Western Hotel, because it was not only pet friendly but because of the awesome Cowboy alien in front of the hotel. The attendant seemed very nice, but once the sun went down things started to get a little "interesting" if you know what I mean.

The guests next to us started fighting, and wigging out about something. I guess they weren't too happy we decided to stay there for the night, something about messing up their business. I'm assuming it had to do with his meth business or something.

Not to mention the blocked door in our room. The curiosity got the best of us, so we opened it. I immediately got a creeped out feeling - nothing was in there, just some kind of weird stain on the carpet. We immediately closed the door and moved the table back in front of it. The shower had a gaping hole in the floor so you had to be careful not get your heel caught. The Wi-Fi was basically ineffective, because we were on the opposite side - far from the office.

What a crazy night. I have to say this was definitely a strange experience in a strange place.

On the upside, I'm glad to have had the experience. Would I stay here again? I can't say for sure, but hey! Maybe I would! ;)

Room Tip: If you need wifi - request a room closest to the office. Also be prepared for angry druggies right...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BittercupFlower
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Of course when I say "Sweet" in the title, I'm not meaning what you may think I mean.

I mean...Ahhhh sweet...this is the true Americana roadside motel I've heard about and now I feel I am a true initiate into the club.

The club of those who have stayed at, and survived, the horror that is out there.

Once we passed the group of beer swilling Mexican laborers outside our room, we were greeted by a somewhat worn, albeit comfy, looking room.

It was moldy, it was stained, it was dirty...but it was a true "experience" for us, so we dove right in.

It wasn't until we settled in and realized the front door didn't lock that we thought...maybe this wasn't a good idea.

And when the AC went out in the middle of the night we sweatily held each other for dear life until the sun rose in the morning and the laborers left.

It was a trip...and in retrospect a little "too real" or us.

We don't recommend this place for anyone living.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Austinrat
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We saw a sticker on the window that said "Highly rated by trip advisor 2011" or something to that effect so my parents booked the room... until I came on here and read reviews. We then went to look at the room and there were used toiletries left in the bathroom, garbage in the cans, garbage on the floor, pieces of hair on the sheets... I didn't want to stay to find out what else.

This prompted us to ask to check every room before purchase at any smaller motels/inns from that point forward.

Thankfully, we were given a full refund.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Holly T
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We went and bought flip flops to use in the showers because we did not want our bare feet to touch the floor in our shower. It was that dirty. Our towel (Yes, 1. We had to ask for another, and yet another) was full of holes.

There was trash from the previous occupants in the room, as well as sharp burs in the carpets.

I think the hotel owner's kids were playing in the parking lot a good majority of the time, and they kept staring at us, and hanging out outside our door.

I mean, I did not expect very much from this hotel, but even with that I was very disappointed.

Room Tip: There are other hotels practically across the street, stay there instead.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mark L
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Stay away!!! The rooms were filthy and nasty. Towels were dirty and stained and roaches were in the shower. Rooms were extremely hot and stuffy. Definitely the most disgusting hotel I've ever stayed at and do not recommend it. The front office was rude and did not give me a refund, and informed me that she also had roaches in her room and made it seem like it was a "normal" thing to have gross bugs in the rooms. Stay away from this hotel!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013