“Fry Bread/Sopapillas to DIE for!”

Ranchos Plaza Grill
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 18 October 2015

Great place in an old house right behind the church. The food was dirt cheap and good. Sopapillas were the BEST...altho', in all honesty, more like Navajo fry bread than a true NM sopapilla. They were HUGE and THICK. Oh yeah - dinner was great too!

Reviewed 14 October 2015

If there is a place where I feel like my grandmother is in the kitchen-it's Ranchos Plaza Grill. The interior is like an old adobe home with a fireplace in the large family room. It's in the same parking lot as the famous Ranchos Church.
We love the huevos rancheros, which they have for B, L or D. We love the red and green chills equally and they are both hot and relish! Or have Xmas-both red and green and you cannot go wrong.
There are other items on the menu-the standard NM offerings, guacamole, enchiladas, tacos-all are wonderful.
The staff is friendly and like family.

Reviewed 14 October 2015 via mobile

As we stopped by to admire the St. Francis of Assisi church, we found this neat little restaurant behind the church. The service
was very friendly, attentive and professional. The food was outstanding. My wife and I both had the carne avodava and it was delicious. The meal is served with sopopias and honey, which was also very nice. Be aware that they do not serve alcohol.

Reviewed 11 October 2015

Situated in the same plaza as the church of San Francisco this is a wonderful spot for lunch. The restaurant offers a great selection of food. The service is fast and efficient, Quite recommended.

Reviewed 29 September 2015

Every time we eat here, we leave with happy tummies. Yesterday was no exception. The combination plate I had was to die for. The truly amazing thing is you pick your combo, not some faceless stranger. This time I had 2 chicken tacos and 2 rellenos. My wife had the chicken stuffed sopapilla with green chile. I gladly challenge anyone to find any better New Mexican cuisine. When it's good it's food. When it's amazing or better, it's cuisine.