Review Highlights
Great place to learn about alpacas and feed them, too

Kind of an out-of-the-ordinary place in a small town of Mora (near Las Vegas, New Mexico). Quite... read more

Reviewed 24 September 2018
Ben D
Denver, Colorado
Delightful Place to Visit

Visiting Victory Ranch even without taking the alpaca tour is great. They have quite a nice... read more

Reviewed 23 August 2018
SeeCMO
Clearmont, Missouri

All reviews gift shop the owner alpaca farm day trip all ages memorial weekend great place to learn great guide young man his wife small fee wool products new mexico worth the trip alpacas mora yarn
Reviewed 19 May 2010

I have visited Victory Ranch everytime I visit family out in Mora.
First of all, it's huge and there are many many alpacas.
The first time I visited, I was able to go on a tour. The man took us over to a group of alpacas and let us feed them as he told us all about them and answered any questions we had.
They are the softest, friendliest animals in the world.
There is a decent sized gift shop which has anything from alpaca cards and coloring books to yarn and winter apparel.
Staff has always been friendly.

Most alpaca ranches are not open to the public or require reservations. Looking through hundreds of websites of these other places, it seems their main concentration is on selling alpacas to you. Since I don't have the money nor the land, I have always felt strange calling them.
But Victory Ranch has always seemed glad to have people stop buy and browse the gift shop, go on a tour or just take photos.

2  Thank kogeliz