“Pretentious & Overpriced” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Las Cruces
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Pretentious & Overpriced”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

The front desk staff was aggressively rude when I tried to book a room for my father during his visit. I was wearing my work clothes (I'm an electrician). When I came back the next day to pick my Dad up for dinner (dressed in a sport coat) the same woman was oozing fake charm. The funny part is that Dad travels a lot & he was categorically underwhelmed.

Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank John S
hotel705, Diana Peru- Rooms Division Manager at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
Dear John S
Thank you for taking the time to post the experience that you had during your families visit to Las Cruces and we appreciate that you chose Hotel Encanto. The customer service that you had raises a huge red flag for me, we hold high standards in our employees. They understand every guest that walks in should have a cultural experience unlike any other hotel in the Southwest. I noticed that you visited us in September 2011, I would appreciate the opportunity to talk to you further on your comments and get additional information. Thank you again, I can be reached by calling the hotel direct.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

Just some quick notes. This is a great alternative to staying in El Paso. It's located next to a large mall, and multiple places to eat. There appeared to be a really good steakhouse just to the south, and a brewery to the north that we're very busy. Hotel itself is very nice on the outside and inside. Our one king bedroom was very comfortable. Nice furniture, very comfy bed, and a cool view. There are also two restaurants in the hotel, along with a well equipped shop in the lobby that had snacks, drinks, etc. great value here. Beats the hell
Out of a Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Dusbo
We appreciate the positive feedback. It is great that we met your lodging needs, that you found our rooms to be comfortable and our location ideal. Hotel Encanto strives to give all of our guest an authentic cultural experience that will be memoriable and a reason to choose us above any other property in the southwest. We look forward to your next visit to Las Cruces.
Lillington, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

My husband and I eloped here. The hotel was extremely friendly to our changing circumstances and were very helpful for the ceremony. The hotel bar, cafe, pool area and rooms were all affordable and exquisite. My family enjoyed a wonderful weekend here for the wedding and our honeymoon there was wonderful. The hotel staff were professional and very very helpful. The most impressive list is all the extra wedding planning and reception details they helped us with and the extra things they provided my aunt with when the airline lost her luggage. The only issue we had was the equipment convention going on in the parking lot during our wedding and there is now a fork lift in the background of many of our photos. We asked the other guests to move their equipment but it was broken and could not be moved. other than that, the hotel was romantic and beautiful. I highly recommend Hotel Encanto

Room Tip: mountain view is amazing
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing Hotel Encanto to be part of such a special occasion. I will share all the positive feedback with the entire staff this includes the front desk agents to our banquet department. Hotel Encanto strives to offer an authentic experience that will be memoriable and I feel that we succeeded in your opinion. I am happy to hear that the staff went above their duties to help out your aunt on such an important day. Congratulation on your marriage! Thank you again for sharing your experience.
Prescott, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel for 3 nights while my DH attended a Kiwanis Convention. The lobby is beautiful. The room was fine. I was quite surprised that the room did not have a refrigerator - they had them for rent for $10/night. That was a negative for me. Other than that the room was clean and comfortable. I had lunch in the restaurant one afternoon. The food and service were very good

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

This hotel is great to stay at was attending a concert at PanAm and stayed the night, then enjoyed a nice Breakfast in hotel restaurant and even enjoyed nice cup of coffee in my room. May Stay at this hotel was very memorable make it a hotel you stay at when your in the area. The location is great across from Mall near some nice restaurants all in walking distance. Enjoy I sure did!

• Stayed February 2012