“Belgian breakfast done right.”
Review of A Bite of Belgium

A Bite of Belgium
Ranked #5 of 398 Restaurants in Las Cruces
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: As of 5/12/18, Due to a Fire, we are closed until further notice. Updates will be available on our Facebook page, A Bite of Belgium offers customers a variety of menu items from warm Liege waffles, made with real bat sugar imported from Belgium, to the mouth-watering Belgium Burger and Lamb Sandwich. Homemade soups made daily. Come visit and see why A Bite of Belgium is "The Talk of the Town"!
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Quaint little place. I was there for a late breakfast, closer to brunch. I had the Belgian waffles with housemade cream and ganouche. The waffles were prepared perfect, fluffy with a slight crunch. The overall offering was a little sugary and sweet for a breakfast, but nonetheless it was a good from scratch waffle. I didn't get a chance to do lunch, but will in the near future.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

Our little group dines out monthly and this time it was my choice. Since we like to choose local vs. chain restaurants, I suggested A Bite of Belgium.

The restaurant is tiny with only 10 tables. Ordering is done at a counter and meals are delivered to your table. The restaurant is open from 9AM til 2PM daily.

My lunch choice was the Italian sandwich. The menu says it'll have "Fresh mozzarella, Capicola ham, Roma tomatoes, homemade pesto sauce, roasted pine nuts" and you have a choice of three breads: white, wheat or for an extra $1.25, gluten free. A half sandwich is also an option. The full sandwich is priced at $7.95.

My sandwich was a disappointment. The ham was tough and full of gristle. The mozzarella and tomatoes were flavorless. The best part of my sandwich was the pesto and that wasn't great. I could only eat half of my sandwich; it was just too dry.

I was really looking forward to A Bite of Belgium but it my sandwich was a total disappointment. I doubt I'll return but others at our table seemed to enjoy their meals. A couple at a near-by table ordered the Mikado Liege style waffles (waffles with vanilla custard, whipped cream and chocolate ganache) and it looked fantastic.