“Rosey's road trip”

La Quinta Inn Farmington
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Farmington
“Rosey's road trip”
Reviewed 26 August 2011

This was the 3rd La Qunta stop on the 5 day trip home to Oregon. This one was better than Lubbock. Rooms here are accessible from the outside. Get a ground floor room on the inside as it's quiet. This property could use some sprucing and a serious c leaning. I had to wipe down the microwave because it was all sticky. However, the bed was clean and comfortable. The blanket could be replaced and so could the towels as they were fraying. There's a Denny's nearby. While we detected no odors, our kitty did not like this room and couldn't wait to leave. There must have been other animal smells she found threatening. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. It's also very convenient to jump on and off Hwy 64.

• Stayed August 2011
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 20 August 2011

I have stayed at this motel two times prior to this last time and had fairly good experiences before. This trip was awful. When I went to check in, the front desk person seemed very impatient and told me that none of the rooms I requested were available. Okay...then she gave me the room key, we opened the door and was hit with a horrible smoke smell. When I spied the ashtrays I figured out that they had mistakenly given us a smoking room. I went back to the lobby (this is after driving for 700 miles) and told her I had reserved a non-smoking room. She seemed very annoyed by me and after clicking her mouse for a few minutes informed me that the only non-smoking rooms that were available had a king bed. Okay, I said, since I reserved a non-smoking room can you put us in one of those? She informed me that we would have to pay $50 extra for that room. By that time I was completely disgusted and resigned myself to taking the smoking room. It was horrible, I couldn't sleep, the smell was burning my lungs and couldn't wait to get out of there. Needless to say, we will not be staying at this motel again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Margie P

Travellers are raving about these Farmington hotels

Monrovia, California
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Very pleasant surprise - the room was clean and smelled good. the swimming pool was also clean and refreshing. And the rate could not be beat! Farmington seems like a nice city and offers many restaurants, shopping, and not a bad drive from Mesa Verde.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Friendly service, the room was clean and quiet, even if the Inn had a full house. Location is well since we had the posibility to just walk for dinner.
The least that we like was the breakfast .

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Fleet, Hampshire
Reviewed 26 June 2011

The La Quinta is about 1 mile east of the centre of Framlington, and is located with a number of other motels / restaurants. It's rather what you'd expect, a good sized room, adequately equipped (no microwave or fridge), bright, clean and everything in working order. Reception staff were efficient and friendly and there was a pretty good complimentary breakfast.
We booked a 2 queen room direct with them online at lq.com, and it was good value at $55 (plus tax).

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple