La Quinta Inn Farmington
US$ 93
US$ 118
US$ 109
Travelocity
All reviewsroom was cleanfront deskpet areahard boiled eggsnice poolan older propertywafflesthe breakfast areaother hotelsnice stayplace to stayconvenient locationgood nights sleepcontinental breakfastlong drivestaff was friendlymotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 August 2011

I have stayed at this motel two times prior to this last time and had fairly good experiences before. This trip was awful. When I went to check in, the front desk person seemed very impatient and told me that none of the rooms I requested were available. Okay...then she gave me the room key, we opened the door and was hit with a horrible smoke smell. When I spied the ashtrays I figured out that they had mistakenly given us a smoking room. I went back to the lobby (this is after driving for 700 miles) and told her I had reserved a non-smoking room. She seemed very annoyed by me and after clicking her mouse for a few minutes informed me that the only non-smoking rooms that were available had a king bed. Okay, I said, since I reserved a non-smoking room can you put us in one of those? She informed me that we would have to pay $50 extra for that room. By that time I was completely disgusted and resigned myself to taking the smoking room. It was horrible, I couldn't sleep, the smell was burning my lungs and couldn't wait to get out of there. Needless to say, we will not be staying at this motel again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Margie P
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Very pleasant surprise - the room was clean and smelled good. the swimming pool was also clean and refreshing. And the rate could not be beat! Farmington seems like a nice city and offers many restaurants, shopping, and not a bad drive from Mesa Verde.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Friendly service, the room was clean and quiet, even if the Inn had a full house. Location is well since we had the posibility to just walk for dinner.
The least that we like was the breakfast .

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2011

The La Quinta is about 1 mile east of the centre of Framlington, and is located with a number of other motels / restaurants. It's rather what you'd expect, a good sized room, adequately equipped (no microwave or fridge), bright, clean and everything in working order. Reception staff were efficient and friendly and there was a pretty good complimentary breakfast.
We booked a 2 queen room direct with them online at lq.com, and it was good value at $55 (plus tax).

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2011

Not the top tier as far as hotels, but staff was more than accommodating with changing rooms to a quieter area. Room and facilities were on the small side, but seemed to be well maintained. A business center would have been a plus. Would consider staying again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family