“Can't Wait to Return”

Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 18
Cuisines: Southwestern
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: At La Cocina, our dishes use Native New Mexican ingredients and spices. Proudly serving Northern New Mexico for 46 years!
Reviewed 10 April 2018

Joined by some local friends who recommended this restaurant for a weekday brunch, my wife and I had the pleasure of dining at La Cocina during a recent visit to New Mexico. Service was excellent and the food was even better. The breakfast burrito was the biggest I've ever seen, absolutely delicious to boot. All menu prices seemed reasonable and we look forward to going back in the future to sample other offerings.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We asked Rancho Jacona where they recommended we eat dinner, and they offered up a popular option, and the local option, which we knew we had to try. The food was amazing, authentic and priced well. This was the 1st time we tried sopaipillas, which we don't quite have in Chicago, and we were hooked! A little drizzle of honey with a great cappuccino, and we were in heaven. The service was great, despite how busy they were. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Great service with a smile and energized smile, kitchen fired fast, furious and delicious! Prices were moderate and we will be back when passing through next!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Seemed like the coffee in most of the New Mexico is terrible. We are from the NorthWest and I guess you'd say we're coffee snobs. This restaurant advertised their great coffee - and really lived up to it. Yay! I had Huevos Rancheros during two visits we made here. It was great both times, but each was very different. The decor is especially nice, and servers and staff are wonderfully friendly, and accommodating. Great experience - would go there all the time if I lived there. They also support the local community and artisans. One of the days we were there a local jewelry maker was selling her beautiful work. It was great, and I couldn't resist. Win win for all, along with the nicest jewelry and food.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

We always stop here on the way to Chama! They have the best food! I had the combination plate this time. I am usually not a big eater but I ate the whole lunch. Delicious!!! The chili has the best flavor!! The sopapillas are so fluffy and tasty.