“My number one southwestern restaurant”

Angelina's Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 49 Restaurants in Espanola
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 23 August 2015

This place was recommended to us by the owners of the Chimayo Trading Post many years ago. It is a little off the beaten track in Espanola, but worth finding. They have the most delicious salsas ever. Their breakfast burrito is the standard that I compare all others and is the best anywhere. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They will alter any of the choices to meet your wishes. I am vegan and they made my food without any meat or dairy. Their breakfast burrito is amazing and even better with both red and green chile. Get there after 10am, when they start making sopapillas. These are light and airy and delicious when drizzled with honey. They also make a delicious chicken fried steak and are well known for their lamb dishes. This is my pick for either breakfast of lunch and a great place to stop on your way from Santa Fe to Taos. Give this place a try and you will always remember this as your best meal when in New Mexico.

Reviewed 21 August 2015 via mobile

Lamb costillos with green chile for husband, he loved it. Combo plate with red for me, I ate it all. Sopaipilla were great. My first time with those so I can't judge except that I liked them. My daughter finally is trying more interesting food. They made her a great burrito and she actually ate almost all of it! Overall quality of food was simply outstanding. Freshness of food was telling. Great service, very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 20 August 2015 via mobile

Had the lamb costillas, red chilli, and a lamb burrito - outstanding. Service was very friendly and helpful as well. Will make sure to stop again anytime I am in the area.

Reviewed 17 August 2015

PROS: The food was very fresh, and both my companion and I were very pleased with our choices (pork Cañitas and chicken Fajitas). Go for the Sopapillas with honey if nothing else – absolutely heaven! Four large Sopapillas and two large plates of absolutely fabulous food for less than $20 – you can’t beat it!

CONS: We waited quite a while to be seated, and really saw no reason for the wait since there were plenty of empty tables and booths and a multitude of staff standing around chit chatting with one another while we waited. The cashier didn’t even bother to say “Somebody will be right with you,” and she stood within two feet of us. My date said we were going to go elsewhere when the male waiter who ended up waiting on us welcomed us to the restaurant so we gave it a few more minutes, and in the end, were glad we did. Our only other complaint was the multitude of flies kept buzzing around the table and our food, but otherwise, the restaurant was very clean.

1  Thank TapestryH
Reviewed 4 August 2015 via mobile

My wife and I always stop at Angelina's for the lamb ribs. The ribs are excellent, a must have. The ribs normally come with NM red or green chile and a basket of sopapillas. This place serves some of the best New Mexican food. Very different than Mexican or TEXMEX.

This place is old school, nothing fancy just good food. I give it five stars.